Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up, from brisbane australia just bought my baby and found this site!

If you have the time suggest what things you would love to do it if it was yours. Include brand names also!

BRING ON THE OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS

Cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Slip on/full system,

De-orange indicators/tail tidy.

Then ride her :D

After a few miles rear sets/levers etc if you don't like the feel of stock.

She looks really nice though!

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
gday mate and welcome. nice bike ;) tail tidy/fender eliminator was the first thing i did as i couldnt stand the original one. :yuk: slip on will change note a little but wont really see any more power so if your chasing more herbs go the power commander and a full system with a k&n or similar. i ride with a couple of blokes with 1000s with all the fruit just mentioned and they dont like it when my stock r6 is all over them in the twisties. straight line is a different story but you can loose your license in no time here and thats just in 1st and 2nd gear:jump ,plus anyone can twist it on in a straight line. get your suspension set up for your weight and riding style before any more power is added imo. also you should take advantage of the current us dollar when buying bits for your 6, at the moment you can save up to 50% and thats after shipping. all the best mate and ride safe...****...:cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah what brand eliminator did you buy and where from? just curious as some of them have been known to snap under wind pressure. Really looking foreward to modding it and doing different things once ive done a few things to it we should head up a ride in a month or so!

Where abouts in Brisbane are you?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
:wave

welcome

Check out Graves slip-ons or Full exhausts, they are on sale now ~40% off and are the best exhausts for the R6 in terms of performance (race tested Championship winning). Graves also makes a lot of goodies for the R6 and they have 20% off on everything else.

Send a pm to Shane (SpidermanSS - username) on here and he'll take care of ya ;)

www.gravesport.com

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
southside 5 min from the gabba or down at logan/girls place. ride in a month or so sounds good, get some seat time to know your bike and your limits, and we'll hit up the mountains for sure or even just a cruise somewhere. not sure on brand of t/t got it from dealership but money can be saved if you look around online. this is an illegal mod btw but i take my chances and have been luckier than most of my riding mates who have all been booked...****...

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hello and welcome :wave

Click on my ROTM banner...Ive got an 08 with some mods...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts