Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about to purchase an 08 r6 from a friend. Had about 9k miles when the battery burned up. They are saying the stator and rectifier went bad and that's what caused the battery to get fried. I'm wondering is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future once I replace everything

·
Escape...
12 Posts
Hey guys about to purchase an 08 r6 from a friend. Had about 9k miles when the battery burned up. They are saying the stator and rectifier went bad and that's what caused the battery to get fried. I'm wondering is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future once I replace everything
You can't really choose when your rectifier and stator are going to go bad. I guess you could check both regularly so that if a problem starts occuring you can pull the battery early.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Installing a voltmeter might give you a hint of when the charging system isn't operating properly... might...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.