Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the info on the third eye and the knight rider third eye for the 08 R6.
You will have to pull your front fairing down and remove the headlight to get to the third eye. The closest option to Plug n play is installing led's or the standard knight rider only option are very easy to install. Just tap into the ignition wires located under the right top panel. The others require a rocker switch or a three way switch to control when you want the option to come on. We recommend you have a volt meter if you are doing this install. It will make it much easier.

Will get new videos up to show what each option looks like in the R6 housing. These are intro prices and will be higher after the group buy is done.
Let me know when you are ready. Thanks. T

Prices range from $60 to $125 depending on which setup you
are wanting. You don't have to send us anything to do this mod. We will refund you back $10 if you send us your stock third eye back
The first video is $125
This is for two colors. One being knight rider and the other being all solid. You will need a three way switch for this application.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubQigeT_Ct8.
This video led's one color as knight rider.
This is $80 All knight rider only.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGn_0GDO7Kw
This one with all led's where they can be knight rider or solid
third eye is $100. You will need a rocker switch to switch between functions
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2THa_0NnzI&feature=related
The board has a potentiometer on it so you can
adjust how fast the knight rider goes.
Pricing includes shipping in the U.S
$60 we will install led's in an OEM third eye. LED color:
Blue
Red
Green
Amber
UV
Pink
White

Thanks. T

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
can you do the knight rider in the 07's?

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
PM sent. I am in for one.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 07 is a single bulb replacement. Only thing we can do for your year is colored led replacement. Sorry. T

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Any chance of a wiring diagram on how to hook up the light and does it come with a potentiometer switch?

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knight rider has a built in potentiometer. Here are the color codes that we have found on the U.S models. Euro should be the same except you will have the quick connect plug that your stock center light was plugged into.

Wires located under the throttle cover
12 volt ignition
Blue
Yellow/blue

Red/Green Constant 12 volt power

Black/White Ground
Black/blue Ground
White/brown Ground

·
Inhale Speed.Exhale Power
17 Posts
If we only pick the knight rider option, does it basically stay on at all times with the running lights? Also is it plug n play for bikes that already have a 3rd eye light(canadian bike)? Also when will it be available/shipped? And finally if I get this right, we get the whole housing?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are there any plans for the 06-07 light mod in the near future.???

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we only pick the knight rider option, does it basically stay on at all times with the running lights? Also is it plug n play for bikes that already have a 3rd eye light(canadian bike)? Also when will it be available/shipped? And finally if I get this right, we get the whole housing?
If you get just the knight rider version it will turn on with the headlight just like the stock one does now. We don't have the plugs that come on the Canada version but can easily cut your plug off and connect it to the wires that we have. If you want to turn it off you can cut the power wire and put in a switch to be able to turn it on/off while riding. Available now. Orders are made to order because of the number of options that are available. You will get a new third light. US style with led's installed. T

06-07 is just now getting started. Looks like it may be possible. T

·
Registered
322 Posts
count me in on the 06-07 light

·
Registered
244 Posts
Anyone got pics of this mod done? I want to see different colors, my R6 is yellow and Im not sure what color to go with for the Knight Rider MOD. I'm also planning to put in my HID (which is being collecting dust for over a year) with 3000K bulbs or not sure if to keep the 6000K that came with it. I'm so confused... Any recommendations of what would look good for the choice of colors? Any input is appreciated. Keep up the GREAT JOB Tri

1 - 20 of 55 Posts