Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is what KWS motorsports dyno shows.

As seen here

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=161712

What does this tell us? Nothing other than it has a 2 peak HP more than an 07 as all dyno's will read different (as well as different midrange numbers, sorry).

I also seem to remember one of the bike mags claiming 135 crank horses for the 06 prior to the official release.

IMO, you can take 5 brand new R6's and dyno each one. Each one will produce different results. Break each bike in differently and re-dyno and they will produce different HP numbers.

I personally cannot stand the claimed HP numbers game the manufacturers play. Most everyone on here will not be any faster on one brand of bike than another. To me it's nothing more than Joe Snuffy to try and brag about at starbucks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
bhp is always a good 15-20% higher than whp

·
Registered
65 Posts
wshekari06r6 said:
bhp is always a good 15-20% higher than whp

I've heard that as well, but only when applied to cars (autos). I'm curious if it differes for motorcycles.

I guess if I wasn't a lazy arse I could just do the math.

·
Registered
541 Posts
132? seems a little optomistic to me. I would say lucky to break 110. I know here at 5000' you wont see much over that, even with a custom map

·
Registered
65 Posts
yzinger said:
132? seems a little optomistic to me. I would say lucky to break 110. I know here at 5000' you wont see much over that, even with a custom map
132 BHP with a 20% loss to friction equals 105.6 RWHP

132 BHP with a 15% loss to frinction equals 112.2 RWHP

15% loss seems right on with KWS dyno, but again, every dyno will read different.

Okay, so I stopped being lazy.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
132 at the crank sounds about right.

Really, it doesn't matter. The improvement of the 08 R6 was not peak power, but low and mid range grunt... both increased due to the variable intake tract length.

·
Registered
196 Posts
what is BHP?? and WHP?? i have seen and read it alot but i have no clue what it means. i know alot about horse power in a car but still learning the motorcycle lingo

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
BHP= At the crank
WHP= At the wheel.

·
Registered
603 Posts
116 Rear wheel horsepower claimed by the Yamaha website ..

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
So far my local tuner shop has shown 109 breaking in a new 08 R6. A little over a pony over the strongest new 07 R6.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the only real thing you need to factor with horsepower dose it make you smile when you twist that right hand.

every mag out there will have different numbers for the 08 bikes its basically all about bragging rights

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
patrazz said:
but 130 would be a dramatic improvement...? am i wrong?

Not sure what you are asking, but read the thread again about WHP vs. BHP..they are 2 entirely different numbers. It's 130BHP, now WHP.

But to answer your question, yes. 130WHP would be a somewhat dramatic change vs. 109WHP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts