Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 r6 and when i go to let out the clutch it disengages REALLY late. i mean like i let out almost all the way before it even STARTS to pull. ive heard of other ppl having similar problems with the 08. anyone have any ideas?

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
not necesarily a problem. That is jsut how the clutch is set up from the factory. Adjust the knob on the handle. Your problem will be solved in no time. BTW, it is set up that way because the bike is supposed to be racing. You don't want to have to pull the clutch in very far while racing. preload shifter and a swift small pull shifts your gears. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no but it didnt used to be like that. like not even close to that. it used to be about half way out before it started to engage. i adjusted the knob to have 1/3 inch play on the clutch lever yesterday but it didnt help any.

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
The 08 clutch is setup like a race bike. The clutch engages near the top of the release. Easier to shift on the track. Don't have to push the lever in as much to change gears. Took a bit but got use to it.

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
648 Posts
Cuz some people cant afford track days? like me.

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
389 Posts
I love the way it catches high. I hold the bars with my thumb and index finger. I clutch with pinky, ring, and middle:FU So It works great for me. No more sore index knuckle from the clutch hitting it all the time.:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love the way it catches high. I hold the bars with my thumb and index finger. I clutch with pinky, ring, and middle:FU So It works great for me. No more sore index knuckle from the clutch hitting it all the time.:)
That is exactly how I do it!!!:toocool:.. but it took a week to get use to the engage point..... but I am all set now...... Grab a handful and go!!!!!:burnout

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.