Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
lean angle is fun
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this little silver piece is rocking back and forth when i just turn the key on. i've never noticed it before and it's all of a sudden very loud. the one on my 07 doesn't do this......?
it's something i've never had off the bike or had a reason to mess with so i'm not sure where to look in the service manual bc i don't know what it is. anyone?
thanks!

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
bump.....

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Start by pulling off the little black shield on the exhaust, unhook the cables and make sure you can open and close the EXUP valve by hand. If that works, then it's time to go in diagnostic mode on the bike so you can cycle the EXUP servo on command, to see if it is the servo.

·
lean angle is fun
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start by pulling off the little black shield on the exhaust, unhook the cables and make sure you can open and close the EXUP valve by hand. If that works, then it's time to go in diagnostic mode on the bike so you can cycle the EXUP servo on command, to see if it is the servo.
thanks. i'll look into that for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.