Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inhale Speed.Exhale Power
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this happened earlier when I was at the end of breaking in the R6, but it stopped, now its nearly at 5000km and its doing it again. Basically when I get to about 14k(when the trumpets open up to shorten the intake), the bike hicups, wether im full throttle or just a little throttle. It has kept doing it on 4 different full tanks so I don't think it would be bad gas(and I always gas up at nice gas stations, and half the time with 94 instead of 91 octane).

Any hints/ideas on what it could be?

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
wow

there is a LOT of answers to this

for one

go with what the bike recomments. in most cases its 91 octane, meaning no use in putting in anything more b/c it was NOT tuned for it. if the bike was tuned for 91 from the factory, why would you spend the extra money to put in something that is not going to work as well

·
Inhale Speed.Exhale Power
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow

there is a LOT of answers to this

for one

go with what the bike recomments. in most cases its 91 octane, meaning no use in putting in anything more b/c it was NOT tuned for it. if the bike was tuned for 91 from the factory, why would you spend the extra money to put in something that is not going to work as well
I thought it might have something to do with this, but the last 2 fill ups I put in 91 and it still did it yesterday...

·
Registered
560 Posts
may not be getting enough air or fuel. one of the 2

·
Registered
128 Posts
exhaust air leak ? or air leak somewhere else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts