Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i'm new to this kick ass forum:D i just bought a 08 r6 about 3 weeks ago and i'm looking into lowering the bike a lil. any suggestions on the best lowering kit out there that wont affect the bike in handling etc..?? thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just did mine yesterday. I use an adjustable link from ebay. you can see the link on youtube by typing in lowering link. Any how I think it's the best because as you go along, you can make adjustment to the bike hight if you want to lower or raise the bike latter on.

·
Black Mamba
3 Posts
to all, if you get a lowering link there is no way around changing the handleing of your bike. the lower the bike the lower your center of gravity. the lower the center the more stable the bike is in corners but it doesnt trasition from left to right as fast. for street riding you are never goin to know the difference as yo never really go hard or fast enough to hit the limits of the bikes chassis. further more ther are 2 ways to do this you can go cheap on do it the right way the only difference is the right way looks cleaner. i went cheap buy a lowering link 60 bucks, the raise the front fork wich will lower ther front. the only diff in the right way is that ypu lower the front by getting a shorter spring to change hieght internaly. i loooooove my bike lowered it looks cool p.s. your wheelies will suffer if you dont have a sprocket kit 1 down two up is good combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts