Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i'm new to this kick ass forum i just bought a 08 r6 about 3 weeks ago and i'm looking into lowering the bike a lil. any suggestions on the best lowering kit out there that wont affect the bike in handling etc..?? thanks

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Don't lower it! You'll hate corners then! It also makes bikes look like a retarded bike!

·
Registered
100 Posts
dude, do what you want. mine's lowered, actually slammed, and i keep with my friends in the twisties. just takes a lil more thought than others.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
No offense, but your friends must suck in the twisties then...

A legit rider on a lowered bike, especially slammed, could not hang with a legit rider on a normal set up...simple as that

As for as your question R6ACC, i'm with the others...dont lower the bike!

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
It is possible the OP is short and might need it lowered to make it easier to ride. But could be wrong. If that isn't the case I would not lower the bike either.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
no need to lower it just adjust the spring (its a 3 or 4 way adjustable) no need to go aftermarket lowering with it

·
I'll do my best.
35 Posts
My GF is 5'5", and she does just fine on her 07 R6. so unless you're like 5'1", you shouldn't lower it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i'm not gonna slam it like a low rider or something... i'm looking into lowering it about a inch, inch and a half. no more than that! what do you guys think?
reason i'm asking is cause when i come to a red light or even just being on the bike i'm on my tippy toes instead of having my whole foot flat on the ground

·
I <3 my R6
49 Posts
A much better option for you would be to mod your seat. There are some write ups in the how-to's for this. You basically just shave the foam down in front to make more narrow. It allows an extra inch or two for your feet to touch the ground.

As everyone else said - don't lower it, it will hurt your cornering.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
A much better option for you would be to mod your seat. There are some write ups in the how-to's for this. You basically just shave the foam down in front to make more narrow. It allows an extra inch or two for your feet to touch the ground.

Everyone else said - don't lower it, it will hurt your cornering.
+1

If you need a little more clearance get the seat shaved as this will not change the geometry of the bike and will give you the ground clerance you need when cornering.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i thought about doing that too.. do you know where you got that write up from?

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
i would just deal with the tippie toe man bc i had a 04 and i lowered it, and i hated the way it handled. lowering is for busa's and gixxers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts