Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys im swapping motor on my 07 r6 with and 08 r6. motors are the same i just wanted to know if someone has done it. the intake system is different and im not sure wether to use the 07n 0r 08 system and the ecm's are also different but dont really care since im going to use a power commander. either any tips or comments will be appreciated thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
just change the engine and you're fine. i have an 06 in my 08 right now. however, if you wanna change the airbox, you need to swap out the ECU and harness, too. and tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I finished it and not running. I don't think I want to run it with no oil. Thanks for the help but I guess you were right I f I us the newer style air box I will have to replace everything else: hardness, ECM, airbox, and ext. I guess I'm just too perinoid since my old motor detonated since I was running lean but that's An easy fix. Just to let you guys know if you clean your k&n filter it's better if you put oil on with your fingers. All you really want is a slit residue that it. Any more will cas you mas air sensor to read incorrectly

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
So I finished it and not running. I don't think I want to run it with no oil. Thanks for the help but I guess you were right I f I us the newer style air box I will have to replace everything else: hardness, ECM, airbox, and ext. I guess I'm just too perinoid since my old motor detonated since I was running lean but that's An easy fix. Just to let you guys know if you clean your k&n filter it's better if you put oil on with your fingers. All you really want is a slit residue that it. Any more will cas you mas air sensor to read incorrectly
:dunce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts