Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to buy the uk version of the 2008 r6 in the states with little or no additional fees?

the reason i ask is because i really like the gold accents.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
u could buy the plastic set form someone in the UK that made them into a race bike.
u cant get a non US model stateside w/o paying a lot of money for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about buying one in Canada, eh? And bringing it into the states? Would that work?
no i wish. i checked the canadian site and it looks like the colors are the same as the states. good idea tho.

i suppose to could get the wheels powder coated gold, get a white rear seat, powder coat some other gold accents on the bike.

*sigh* so much work, if only..

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
hey, if you could buy it that way here, there'd be a lot of em out there. Do it yourself, and you'll be one of a kind.

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
I just picked up a new US Yellow flame here in the UK; so I don't see why US dealers can't do the same?!?

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up a new US Yellow flame here in the UK; so I don't see why US dealers can't do the same?!?

Good luck
were there any additional fees? if so, roughly how much?

i'm debating whether it'll cost the same as customizing it myself.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Recently someone posted about there being one at his local dealership. Someone try and search. Dont know the full story behind it, but it is pretty interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
That was a CE edition...i'll try to find the thread quick since i posted in it

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
were there any additional fees? if so, roughly how much?

i'm debating whether it'll cost the same as customizing it myself.
Standard blue or white/red was £6.4k, so only £200 difference and he threw in crash bungs and a tail tidy

Hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just spoke with one of my local dealers, they say that the california dmv won't allow the European R6 to be sold in the U.S., unless it is to be used as a racing bike and never registered for the street.

that's ridiculous, the specs are the exact same as the U.S. version.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
they say that the california dmv won't allow the European R6 to be sold in the U.S.
1.) Say "I promise not to ride in California?"
2.) Buy the body panels and put them on the US bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
what's the color scheme on the UK one you're looking for???

if its the white one.. its available in canada.. just called the C.E. edition.. its on the yamaha canada site..

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
what's the color scheme on the UK one you're looking for???

if its the white one.. its available in canada.. just called the C.E. edition.. its on the yamaha canada site..
Yea the dealers website would be a sure fire way of getting them without looking too hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts