Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Blue Purple Automotive design

Looks like some liquid made it's way thru block off plates or the hexagon bolt. Spark plug 1 is to the left of the plate. What could be slowly accumulating from bolt or plate? Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

This wet spot has been popping up here and there for years at same spot. New gasket? Or normal??

I haven't taken bike out in 3 weeks. I started it up for first time couple days ago til fans turned on twice. I went thru the gears a few times to circulate the oil thru the gears.
After filling tank with stabilizer today I let it run til temp got to 190°. Then I notice oil leaking thru the oil fill cap. There was a decent wet spot around cap and single line going down to bottom of case cover. Like a single drop ran down the case. Never had it that bad before and not sure if it's a problem. My oil level is close to full line.

Any ideas about the 3 issues will help. Thank u

· 2 wheels > 4 wheels
214 Posts
You didn't mention how old the bike is.

From the sounds of it, all the leaks are from gasket/O-ring. Pretty much any polymer will eventually lose its original shape and consistency. You might wanna replace all the O-rings and gaskets at all leaking locations. That's a start only. It can get pricy, but it will be as good as new once you replace them all.

· Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rubber coated plates that have the reed valves should have been re used as gaskets under the block offs
22? 23? I can't find the rubber plates ur talking about. I don't remember if there was any rubber plates when I put block offs on.

Attachments

· UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,628 Posts
#22 is a rubber coated steel plate. It acts as a gasket. Otherwise you’ll have an exhaust leak around the block off plates.

If your block offs didn’t have a recessed area machined in the underside, you have to remove the screws that hold the reed valves to the plates.

· UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,628 Posts
Gasket maker won’t last long. That cavity is connected directly to your exhaust ports. You need to find out what is out of place or missing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts