Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered a seat cowl for my 08 back in November when I bought my bike, and I still have never received it so I called the dealer and they told me that it would not even be released from yamaha until the end of June, but I have seen several people on here with them so I call yamaha direct and spoke with one of there parts guys. He told me that the cowls that went out had issues, and yamaha was redesigning the cowl and it would be back out in June. So for those of you with 08's that already have cowls you maybe getting screwed. The guy from yamaha was not even sure if it was going to look the same as the one that is currently out. He did not tell me the issue that they were having with it, so I am wondering has anyone with the 08 cowl had issues with it?

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah once I get mine I will post up some pics to see if anything is different with it.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
I ordered mine on ebay from a seller who is a motorcycle shop in the east coast...Fits great and no issues

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
I just received mine this week and havent fitted it to the bike as yet but it looks fine, not expecting any problems. Will post back on the weekend when I put it on.

·
Curves....Yummy...
711 Posts
I ordered one, but sent it back because I hate the way it looked. I dont like how the angles are different from the angles on the tail, and I really dont like the big pad on it. I have been looking around for a seat cowl from Targa, or somewhere else.

Am I the only one who thinks the 08 R6 seat cowls are very ugly?? Why didnt they make them similar to the 06-07 design, which matched the lines of the bike, and didnt have a big pad on it?

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Nah i think theyre nice... not really fan of the 07 seat cowl. mine fits perfect and no issues here... maybe the dealer u went to didnt know what he was talking about... try going to a different dealer buddy.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah i think theyre nice... not really fan of the 07 seat cowl. mine fits perfect and no issues here... maybe the dealer u went to didnt know what he was talking about... try going to a different dealer buddy.
The dealer did not give me the info. I called and spoke with someone that actually works at yamaha.

·
Curves....Yummy...
711 Posts

There were no fitment issues, it just looked bad. The shape of the seat cowl did not match the tail of the bike, and sits up real high. Plus, the pad is so big, it basically looks like the rear seat is still there....bad times.

Again, if anyone has seen any different 08 seat cowls please let me know.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
There were no fitment issues, it just looked bad. The shape of the seat cowl did not match the tail of the bike, and sits up real high. Plus, the pad is so big, it basically looks like the rear seat is still there....bad times.

Again, if anyone has seen any different 08 seat cowls please let me know.
Your right about the pad being too big making it look like another seat actually...lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
So has anybody see a better looking 08' seat cowl? Does the 07' model fit the 08'?

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not for sure if it will or not, but I would assume that it won't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i would like to know if the 07 cover will fit my 08, as i want a single seat, but i dont like the pad on the yam 08 cover, and at £120 it not cheap, does anyone know if the rear seat on the 07-08 are the same as surely the fixing system will be the same

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
Has anyone purchased an 08 seat cowl yet? I'm looking for a black one!
I have one, I got it from saefirebird on this forum although mine was for the red/white 08, im sure he can get them for the raven.

Maybe shoot him a P/M and ask.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I had an 08 the first thing I would do was figure out how to fit the 06-07 cowl cuz I think the 08 one is pretty gay lookin. It doesn't flow with the bike.:thumbdown

·
Registered
202 Posts
Has anybody found a better looking Seat Cowl for the 08 R6? I still havn't got one because of the dumb ass big pad....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts