Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched for a while, but couldn't find it!?.... i know the 06 sucks down low, but, they really make it better , or just newer.......

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Haven't ever ridden an 06 so my opinion is probably worthless, but I have an 08 and from what I read on it there are some substantial improvements to the bikes. Either way I love my bike. Best looking and best handling bike I have ever ridden.

:worship

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
I will say though looks wise I like the look of your black wheels more then my bronze ones.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
the bike has significant improvements including a slightly more powerful low-end due to the variable intake system they adopted from the 07 R1 :yes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they need to give some options when you buy your bike.... (for no extra cost)... it's colors for goodness sakes..... them forks are starting to grow on me, even though imma black n red man.......... would be willing to trade , keep the payments , you get the wheels???........ heheh

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Yeah im actually diggin the forks but the wheels.... they still havent grown on me. I mean they look good but I think black or black chrome would look much better. Oh and I though about your offer but I think im gonna pass this time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
and the 08 is suppose to have an all new and improved lighter/stronger/sportier chassis and upgraded suspension... so it would seem if not for the somewhat significant power adjustments the "feel" would differ between the two.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
PICS OF MEH 06 RAVEN!!! :nocontrol

Attachments

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Being it's your first bike, I'd get the 06 or 07. With the money saved, you can get parts. To be honest, unless you're gonna roadrace and take the bike to its limits, you probably won't see/feel the difference between the two....both will be F-A-S-T on regular city streets. The low end can be remedied with a slip-on and air filter.

Now unless you really really want the newest and the baddest....get the 08.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
they improved a few things, but it still really lacks down low IMO.
once over 13,000 it feels like it will pull to the moon, but the real usable power is still only in that upper 4,000 rpms.

if u really want the 08, get it, but dont expect it to be a totally different bike from an 06.
and i have rode both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats my only bitch with the bike, if you keep it over 10k.... it pulls like a sob, but anything under is boring as hell.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey du weech where in ch do you live?

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
yea many improvments on thr 08's but the low end still sucks broski's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts