Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im finally finished up 09/10 winter build....... (still need a little more test & tweek)

started out with a stock MINTY!!!! 05 R6 with 5000 miles.........
even thouogh i still have a long way to go, its prob not the best move....... but tried to do everything right & top notch on this one. sold a lot of the stock & aftermarket parts (keep a few of the AF though). and reinvested a lot back into it.

i mixed and matched everything instead of being brand loyal, and tried to get the best of the best. luckily i found some good deals and got a few couple hook ups. but still dropped a ton of dough

R6 Stunt build
•atown cage
•scrapeworks sub frame
•omr sub cage
•hohey big rotor kit dual caliper set up
•left hand magura
•scotts stabilizer
•RSC ez pull
•black f4i caliper for the hohey bracket
•ebc hh pads for the HB caliper
•DCP radiator cage
•two brothers factory shorty exhaust
•custom SI round bar to go on the scrapworks (thanks ian, your messurements were perfect on the bar & base, mine were off on the base...lol)
•intigrated strip/bar style tail light
•star custom front & rear seats
•vortex rear sets
•vortex 7* clip ons (flipped) with woodcraft bars
•f4i throttle tube
•reinforce stock stay (soon to be C4)
•new chain and sprockets (0) (+6) still have a -1 & -2 incase i want more
•hydro tuff tank
•kleen air mod
•12oclocklabs healer
•DB DS windscreen
•power comander
•bmc race filter
•velcoity stacks
•new grips
•prob a bunch more stuff that I forgot……….
•and always the little odds and ends that add up to

still need to to do or order.....
•SS front lines
•SI front axel pegs
•fan over ride switch
•a couple custom stickers
•set up front & rear suspention adjustments
•test and tweek some more

bike before the build.........

pics of the tear down

few ramdon shots of installing a few parts....

check out the difference of an R6 throttle tube to a f4i.......

kleen air mod....... remove the air induction system (flip the reeds underneath the ports, & cap the port holes off). dont forget top cap off the port on the air box the AIS comes out of.

scrapeworks subframe and making a round bar fit.......

after some more work on the subframe and round bar.............

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
finished product "full fairing"..........

after a test ride, i decided to take off the front end and street fighter it. for this season (or at least for a little while)

finished product "SF" street fighter (other than a few parts & decals still waiting for)..........

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Damn! That's bad ass. that sub-frame looks tough!!

Hope you got your flame suit on though. You know how some of the members here get about stunters. :nono

·
I love kevap!
5,487 Posts
Members better not bring their BS in here. Report the posts if that happens.

Nice lookin stunt bike man. Good job. Stay safe.

·
1,182 Posts
yea i hate when people start talkin sht,anyways..great job bro..looks koo i just hate the tweaker front sf light things lol!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks Sick, I had a bandit before my R6 that was all streetfighter and almost miss it but am totally in love with my R6 so the out with the old and in with the new...:toocool:

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Nice to see you got her all finished up. Quick question about your klean air mod. Where the hell did you route the breather from the crankcase? I removed the AIS the the two you have plugged on the head is where the breather hose was T-ed into. Then the two hoses coming off the throttle bodies in your pics were just reattached to the air box. So did you just cap the breather on the crankcase too? I thought that wasn't good. IDK interested.

So why did you go with the scrapeworx sub instead of the A-town? hopefully mine will be here soon. I just got my SI side mount clip ons installed yesterday and man it's a different feel having them raised and 0*.

I'll take some pics of mine when I get home to show those clip ons. Oh and how do you have your speedo mounted? Just sitting there? I zip tied mine to my GPR mount. LOL

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
looks good dude...if i ever wreck mine im going to street fighter it(knock on wood)

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Great build man! That entire rear end looks beefy, definitely stay safe doing what you do...and some pics might be cool too :sing

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
too many posts to quote....lol.
thanks guys (all the guys above!!!) :cheers
i like the way it turned out, im hoping to test it out this sat. and hopefully get some action shots soon after. this sat will be my fist session on my supermoto since december, and the first on a big bike since september. so it might be too soon for pics.....lol

Members better not bring their BS in here. Report the posts if that happens.

Nice lookin stunt bike man. Good job. Stay safe.
thanks and good looking out bro.

Nice to see you got her all finished up. Quick question about your klean air mod. Where the hell did you route the breather from the crankcase? I removed the AIS the the two you have plugged on the head is where the breather hose was T-ed into. Then the two hoses coming off the throttle bodies in your pics were just reattached to the air box. So did you just cap the breather on the crankcase too? I thought that wasn't good. IDK interested.

So why did you go with the scrapeworx sub instead of the A-town? hopefully mine will be here soon. I just got my SI side mount clip ons installed yesterday and man it's a different feel having them raised and 0*.

I'll take some pics of mine when I get home to show those clip ons. Oh and how do you have your speedo mounted? Just sitting there? I zip tied mine to my GPR mount. LOL
nice, sounds like your bike will be sick! throw up a few pics when its done.

subframe - the reason i went with the scrapeworks was becuase it was free! a local stunter was bringing his bike back to stock to sell at a higher price. my subframe and seats were mint, so he traded me straight up his star custom front and rear seats (custom cut, padded and wrapped) and scrapeworks subframe or my stockers. it was a good deal for me considering scrapeworks was selling there subframe for around 600 and the seats cost prob over 200 for that.

the Atown is pimp though! but i think the scrapeworks is super strong and solid in every way, my only grip is its not perfect fittment for the battery try.... some of it was cut in a spot or 2, and heated up and molded closer in a spot of 2. and the rear seat is on there really tight, so you need to almost pry it out to get it off. if i was to buy another subframe new for another R6 it would be ATOWN!!!!!

gauges - no zips ties..... i didnt use any zip ties in place of brackets or bolts on this build...lol (theres still a few on there, but for stuff like wires). i got a bracket and bolted the one side to the guages and the other underneth the plastic front brake resivor holder and on top of the tripple (all i needed was a longer bolt). its nice, clean, and pretty sturdy.

kleen air mod - ive seen it done before on a few bikes. i thought it was fine (someone correct me if im wrong).
smog block offs replace those 2 ports i capped off. and i saw a "how to" before on how you dont need block offs, you can just take them off and flip the reeds (since there a one way air thing). you dont really need the caps , but i put them on anyway. then i capped off the air box were the AIS comes out of.

the hardest part was removing and reinstalling the heat sheild :banghead

heres a pic, other than flipping the reeds i just capped off were the tubes came out of. same as you would with block offs.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Hell yea I would have took that sub for a straight up trade too!

Klean air: Sorry I should have been more clear what I was worried about mainly is the oil line that runs from the crankcase to the air box. I removed that from the airbox, removed the AIS and T- a longer hose from the crankcase vent to the head where you just blocked them off. What I was concerned about is the crankcase vent hose. Is yours still attached to the airbox or did you just put a filter on the end and a catch cup? Because the whole point of the klean air mode is to keep oil out of the air box. You know the routine, you drop the bike oil seeps into the air box if enough gets in there and you try to crank the bike you can bend rods. Sorry man I was trying to work and type that response out at the same time.:lmao

Here are a couple of pics of my bike. SI cage, SI sidemount clip ons, SI 55T steel rear, GPR V1, MSR EZ pull, and soon to be A-town subframe. Then I'll buy subcage and wait on the handbrake for a bit until I really need it. Still need to crush in the tank, wait till I get a handbrake to do that, and cut a hole in the rear.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell yea I would have took that sub for a straight up trade too!

Klean air: Sorry I should have been more clear what I was worried about mainly is the oil line that runs from the crankcase to the air box. I removed that from the airbox, removed the AIS and T- a longer hose from the crankcase vent to the head where you just blocked them off. What I was concerned about is the crankcase vent hose. Is yours still attached to the airbox or did you just put a filter on the end and a catch cup? Because the whole point of the klean air mode is to keep oil out of the air box. You know the routine, you drop the bike oil seeps into the air box if enough gets in there and you try to crank the bike you can bend rods. Sorry man I was trying to work and type that response out at the same time.:lmao
nice bike!!!! looks good and set up nice.
honestly im not even sure about the "oil line that runs to the air box" basicly i did the same thing shown here but instead of running hoses i capped it off (except read the edit, hose #3 was never supposed supposed to be done...lol you leave those stock hoses on there and keep them connected to the case and air box. i was under the impression that this was the kleen air mod and what kept the oil from coming up and in your air box and then back down through the air box and into you engine...... maybe i missed something.

i was told this is all you had to do.......... (but instead of hoes i capped mine off) idk.... maybe i need to do something else.....
http://www.all-out-motorsports.com/forums/f184/kleen-air-mod-for-03-09-yzf-r6s-t3597/

Looks good :cheers

So when we going to see some vids of you tearing it up? :sing
thanks, hopefully some soon once it gets nice and i get used to the bike.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Yea that's the same thing I followed. The crankcase vent hose is the one labeled 4. See how it runs up and Ts into the head where you have yours capped off. That's what i'm talking about that will keep oil from getting to the air box to run down into the cylinders and hydrolock the motor.

·
The Reverend
1,343 Posts
where the graves block off plates go....you need to strip all the metal on those pieces on the inside off also....the plates that are under hose 1 and 2

·
494 Posts
Cool project rush ... Lookin great! Keep it up man;)

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
where the graves block off plates go....you need to strip all the metal on those pieces on the inside off also....the plates that are under hose 1 and 2
Maybe I need to stop smoking... So do you still have line 4 hooked up to the airbox?:lmao

·
494 Posts
:bowroll4:bowroll20:bowroll
:pimp:usa

·
The Reverend
1,343 Posts
Maybe I need to stop smoking... So do you still have line 4 hooked up to the airbox?:lmao
hahaha its hard to explain lol ill throw up pics....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts