Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been brought up but ive been riding for about 6 years now and ive just brought a power commander v as ive heard and read good things about them. But im quite new to bike tuning at the moment im using stock header pipes with a akrapovic slip on exhaust, k&n air filter and i was open to suggestions of what map i should use as a base map to start from. Planning on changing to a full exhaust system in a few months and i live in the uk, any words of advice or help would be much appreciated, thanks Mike.:confused:

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been brought up but ive been riding for about 6 years now and ive just brought a power commander v as ive heard and read good things about them. But im quite new to bike tuning at the moment im using stock header pipes with a akrapovic slip on exhaust, k&n air filter and i was open to suggestions of what map i should use as a base map to start from. Planning on changing to a full exhaust system in a few months and i live in the uk, any words of advice or help would be much appreciated, thanks Mike.:confused:
The stock map is probably going to be just fine for you. The slip on change really doesnt affect the bike and the K&N is pretty much a stock replacement filter (and the air filter is not the limiting factor on the engine anyway). You may want to PM Dynojet Research (member here) as they know their product better than anyone.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
+1

Also you can go to -->Dynojet.com <-- and they have maps for our bikes that you can download.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
+1

Also you can go to -->Dynojet.com <-- and they have maps for our bikes that you can download.
Yeah, but if you want the best answer to your questions, either call them or PM the dude on here. Trust me, they've heard your question before.:laugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts