Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live Love burn Die.
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i been reading the forums a few months and learned a lot, and just wanted to share my current experience and get some feedback.
I got my r6 back in May new and have about 3200 miles on it. about 3 weeks back i noticed my coolant reservoir was empty, i thought it was odd but just filled it back up.. then last week it was empty again. ( i learned it was empty because my bike hit 270 temp. so im like wtf? i proceed fill it again. and now im curious as to where it is all disappearing to.. ive seen it leak out of the overflow line, but i wasnt sure if it all went out through that.
then 5 days ago, i start it up.. and coolant just starts POURING out of the bottom of the bike between the fairings.. (sp?).
so i bring it to my dealership, and today they call me back and tell me the bike needs all types of work, including coolant seals.. oil seals (or something).. and a new water pump because the old one is destroyed. THANK GOD its under warranty.. the bike is stock except blinkers and tail light.

Does anyone have any clue at all as to why it did this? i did the 1000 mile break in.. i dont beat on it that much, i enjoy twisties rather then flying breakneck speed down highway.

cliff notes:
09 r6 brand new back in may (was a left over)
3200 miles, coolant seals, oil seals, and water pump destroyed.
never been dropped.
do you know why this happened?

any input is great. thanks guys

·
Live Love burn Die.
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wasnt my intention to let it get that high.. i was at a red light and it went from 212 to 269 in about 10 seconds.. just annoying. oh well. just thought id share for anyone else who experiences something similiar. get it checked. immediately

1 - 4 of 4 Posts