·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my stock setup was
Front Sprocket:16 Rear Sprocket:45 Tire Size:180/55/17

my current specs are
Sprocket:15 Rear Sprocket:45 Tire size:190/50/17

according to the calculator ( http://www.speedodrd.com/p_sdrd_calc.htm) most bikes have a 5% error

with my current setup i need a Correction Ratio: -12.5%
if i change my front sprocket from the current 15 to a 17 that correction ratio goes to 0, that is considering the 5% error that all sports bike as suppose to have not sure how true this is.

my question is by adding +2 in the front would that cause my bike to be sluggish or should that +2 make up for all the other factor and rev normal and odometer be as accurate as possible?

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
Can you even fit a +2 in the front? Wasnt sure there was that much room or not... Just get a speedo corrector? Its already a bit sluggish off the line stock, I sure wouldnt want it anymore sluggish.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just get a speedo corrector?
i would but i don't like the -1 in the front i get quick take off but it revs more in the freeway and that is not to taste if i wanna rev i just drop 1 gear. i think a 17 in the front is possible.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
its gonna be sluggish if you go +2 in the front. Sounds to me like youre looking for a higher top end. so instead of drastically changing th front maybe drop 2 in the rear?

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
i would but i don't like the -1 in the front i get quick take off but it revs more in the freeway and that is not to taste if i wanna rev i just drop 1 gear. i think a 17 in the front is possible.
How much more? I was thinking about doing just a -1 in the front but not the +2 in the rear.... What is your RPM at 60mph?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts