Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, brand new to the forums and also to Yamaha. First bike was a carb'd ZX6R and I've gotta say I'm loving the difference lol.

On to my question though: On my ZX6R, I bought and installed some LED dual filament headlights, but the little fans on the end of them stuck out so much that I had to use rubber bands to hold the covers on, and it honestly looked awful and was a hassle when they would snap. I paid for em though, so I just kept them on. ?? Does anyone know of some good quality ones that are plug and play that'll fit behind the stock covers? Price isn't really a big issue, I'm more concerned on quality and fitment. TIA!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Honestly, i bought the leds with fans on the back of them too for my 05 and didnt want them to go to waste so i found some fernco plumbing end caps from home depot that i used and used a hose clamp to secure them where my housing cap screwed on.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plumber-s-Choice-3-in-PVC-Flexible-Pipe-Cap-with-Stainless-Steel-Clamps-Pack-of-4-17304/306599567?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|All-Products|All|All|PLA|71700000014585962|58700001236285396|92700010802552406&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_LKY9OXg4gIVF1YNCh0tggdzEAQYASABEgK96vD_BwE

You may find it tacky but honestly, they look just fine installed and are cheap. I painted my hose clamps black to blend in as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazing! That's actually an ingenious idea man, and it doesn't look half bad either!

Honestly, i bought the leds with fans on the back of them too for my 05 and didnt want them to go to waste so i found some fernco plumbing end caps from home depot that i used and used a hose clamp to secure them where my housing cap screwed on.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plumber-s-Choice-3-in-PVC-Flexible-Pipe-Cap-with-Stainless-Steel-Clamps-Pack-of-4-17304/306599567?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|All-Products|All|All|PLA|71700000014585962|58700001236285396|92700010802552406&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_LKY9OXg4gIVF1YNCh0tggdzEAQYASABEgK96vD_BwE

You may find it tacky but honestly, they look just fine installed and are cheap. I painted my hose clamps black to blend in as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question if anyone doesn't mind a little more input: What LEDs are y'all running? I found some on www.xenonHIDs.com and they have different varieties and options, but I'm confused on the low/high beam. With my ZX6R, both came on for low and high beam. When I originally went to look at my R6, I thought a bulb was out, but he said that's how they come. Low beam is single right side, high is both on. So I'm going to assume since I only have 2 that they're dual filament, but do I need special bulbs, or will any LED work and just turn the right side on when on low?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The only difference between left and right headlamp, is that the low-beam side has a metal block off plate over the bottom half of the light, before it hits the reflectors and lenses. (the lense inverts the light, so that the bottom becomes the top) The high beam side has nothing blocking any of the light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts