Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i got a 09 r6 that was lowered right from the start. I was wondering where i can buy the oem parts to raise my bike back up to stock hieght? and how hard is it to install the parts?

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Alright i got a 09 r6 that was lowered right from the start. I was wondering where i can buy the oem parts to raise my bike back up to stock hieght? and how hard is it to install the parts?
You can look at the for sale sign on this website, craigslist or eBay. Beware of eBay though as I saw pictures of a guy buying cheap links and one of them snapping while he was riding, almost killed him. Get OEM, not "almost like".

If you can't find it on the places mentioned go with a OEM parts website.

Install isn't that hard but it's a lot easier with people helping you or the right tools. You need to get the weight off the rear to get the stock dogbone links off. After that get weight off the front of the bike (triple tree stand would work) and measure and raise the triple tree up. After that you can setup your suspension as well.

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
You can look at the for sale sign on this website, craigslist or eBay. Beware of eBay though as I saw pictures of a guy buying cheap links and one of them snapping while he was riding, almost killed him. Get OEM, not "almost like".

If you can't find it on the places mentioned go with a OEM parts website.

Install isn't that hard but it's a lot easier with people helping you or the right tools. You need to get the weight off the rear to get the stock dogbone links off. After that get weight off the front of the bike (triple tree stand would work) and measure and raise the triple tree up. After that you can setup your suspension as well.
:cheers

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
Depends on how it was lowered. If the forks were pulled through the triples and the rear lowered by only lowering links/plates, then replacing those parts with OEM and pushing the fork tubes back down in the triples should do the trick. If there were any lowering done internally, those parts would need to be restored to proper setup.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for the help i'll start my search for the links. also does anyone know of a good setup for a 145-150 rider?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts