Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a set of Power Pure tires on my 09 R6. Recomended pressure is 36/42...ive heard thats to high? I live in the mountains so im always on twisties, but most of the time im going to work or the gym so im not exactly dragging a knee. Im tring to find a happy medium on the pressure...i want to be safe, but dont want to speed up the wear of these tires. Thanks for any input!

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
A very quick friend who tested Pures for a major magazine had them at 33f and 31r on the track. He was very happy with the tires.

I've got a couple sets for early season track days. They should be awesome in varied temps.

-D

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've went through maybe 3 sets of pures, and I recommend for track... 25 rear, 27 front (hot temps).

regular street riding, I'd go with maybe 31 cold front, 30 cold rear.

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
I just mounted a set on my '09. Running 36/38 street and when I track them I'll do high 20s or low 30s. I think for street riding you'll get slightly better wear out of them that way. My opinion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've went through maybe 3 sets of pures, and I recommend for track... 25 rear, 27 front (hot temps).

regular street riding, I'd go with maybe 31 cold front, 30 cold rear.
25/27 hot? no wonder you're going through so many sets. Thats way low even for track imo.

30 to 32 cold all around for track, and maybe slightly higher for road twisties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts