Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always ridin
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike for over a year now and have never even thought to mess with my suspension settings. Could I be getting more out of my bike by doing some adjustments? If so, how do i go about adjusting it? I assume weight is a factor, I'm 160 pounds.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Search man!!! There are tons of threads about this with how-to's. You can not adjust your suspension by yourself, it takes 2 people. But most shops only charge $25-40 bucks to do it for you, money well spent.

Start here: Suspension 101

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Setting the bike up for your weight, or setting the sag:

·
always ridin
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quick- thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. I like being a student of the sport, so even if I can't do it alone I like to know enough about it to hold a conversation. Thanks for the light reading! haha

Diesel- thanks for the vid!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Search man!!! There are tons of threads about this with how-to's. You can not adjust your suspension by yourself, it takes 2 people. But most shops only charge $25-40 bucks to do it for you, money well spent.

Start here: Suspension 101[/QUOT

+1
I paid $35 and like quik said, best money ever spent. They did adjustment, cut slack on throttle and some other small mods. Makes a HUGE difference, like having a completely different back. Definitely does not feel awkward in the turns anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts