Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
09 r6 to be redesigned?? pic of my first bike

i know i know its probably been asked a few times already...but i bought a new kawi ninja 250 as my first bike and having a blast with it but i think at the end of the year i want to buy a 600...and im not sure if i should wait till the whole line of SS bikes comes out for 09 , or get a left over 08 model ...im open to the r6, gsxr 600 and cbr 600 and maybe the zx6.... so is the r6 going to be redsigned in 09 ??? its been the same style since 06 right??

here is a pic of my ninja 250...i know its not a yamaha but its a great little beginner bike

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
honestly, its either CBR or R6 IMO.
i know the Honda will be up for a facelift for 09, tho it probably will be a minor change and much like the 07-08 model.
i bet the R6 will stay the same for another year considering they just gave it some minor updates.

u can probably get a better deal on a left over bike, its not like you will be any faster on the 09 vs the 08...

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
I'd wait 'till next year. That way if the change the body style and you end up liking the 06-08 one better, you can get a sweet deal on one. Or you can get the newer redesigned model. And if they don't redesign it you still win.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
The bike was re-designed for 08. If it was to be changed it would be very minor in 09. The bike this year has a new frame, engine improvement, and face lift. Bikes typically go for at least 2-3years before any major changes these days. Me personally I wouldn't take a Kawasaki. The rest seem good. Personally I'd go with Yamaha, or honda. If your short go with a GSXR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heres what i would do.

I would buy the 08 model year when the 09 comes out.
I would not buy the set-up fee and shipping fees.
maybe see if you can get it crate.

I got a 07 R6 and i got raped i owe 11grand on it. and i bought it in august of 07. I also got the Yam YES plan and pitbulls etc. That what happens when you get a 20,000 dollar credit line.

Then when the 08 came out the 07 R6 was 7500 OTD!!!

So, I would wait till the 09 comes out. and Def. call dealers anywhere.

Def. if you can find a dealer in a rural area. you will get a better deal.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
honestly, its either CBR or R6 IMO.
i know the Honda will be up for a facelift for 09, tho it probably will be a minor change and much like the 07-08 model.
i bet the R6 will stay the same for another year considering they just gave it some minor updates.

u can probably get a better deal on a left over bike, its not like you will be any faster on the 09 vs the 08...

The 2008 is not just a minor improvement from the 2007. Its a completely different bike. Looks can be deceiving...

·
Search Button Nazzi
89 Posts
if the R6 changes it probably wont be till 2010... a model usually last 2 years on the market before they do any changes to it...

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
Who knows just have to wait and see if there are any changes. They basically designed a new bike for 08, the only reason they didnt change the body style is because everybody likes it and its probably the sexiest bike next to the ducatis 848/1098, so id say look for a new one in 2010.

·
Search Button Nazzi
89 Posts
2005 was the exception... but if u look at most bike manufactures.. they usually keep the models for 2 years before changing them..

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Anyone saying the 08 isn't a redesigned bike is a complete utter retard. The 08 isn't anything like an 05...and that is a fact. The 08 R6 is the 600 to get right now. It is completely redesigned and has a lot of great new features. With that said, your Ninja is a cool looking bike.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
yeah the 08 R6 is f-ing sick, and btw that ninja 250 actually looks desent now. when did they redesign it???? the 250's used to look beat. i say R6 or 600RR. i sill would stick with the 08 R6!!!! but 600RR imo is way better than a gsxr, i had a new ninja zx6R before my R6 and the ninja cant touch my R6. the R6 will perform and look sexy as hell.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guarantee they will keep the 08' design one more year. Although they changed the look of the bike slightly,they still changed it...and i doubt they would only keep that design for one year. I'd expect the 2010 design to be even more agressive and sexier. I'm excited already to see what the new design is gunna be.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Who knows just have to wait and see if there are any changes. They basically designed a new bike for 08, the only reason they didnt change the body style is because everybody likes it and its probably the sexiest bike next to the ducatis 848/1098, so id say look for a new one in 2010.
I highly doubt the R&D team for Yamaha decided not to change the body style because it was the "sexiest" bike you can buy.
Anyone saying the 08 isn't a redesigned bike is a complete utter retard. The 08 isn't anything like an 05...and that is a fact. The 08 R6 is the 600 to get right now. It is completely redesigned and has a lot of great new features. With that said, your Ninja is a cool looking bike.
Your right, the 08 is nothing like the 05. That is not what I was saying. I was saying that if you look at what Yamaha has done in the past, you will see the trend. They kept the 03-04, then in 05 the completely redesigned the internals of the bike, and then the next year was the 06 model. No one knows what Yamaha intends on doing with the r6. We have this conversation every year. Just sit tight and wait to see what they do!

I guarantee they will keep the 08' design one more year. Although they changed the look of the bike slightly,they still changed it...and i doubt they would only keep that design for one year. I'd expect the 2010 design to be even more agressive and sexier. I'm excited already to see what the new design is gunna be.
You guarantee that huh? I will refer back to your post when they release the 2009 model :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah the 08 R6 is f-ing sick, and btw that ninja 250 actually looks desent now. when did they redesign it???? the 250's used to look beat. i say R6 or 600RR. i sill would stick with the 08 R6!!!! but 600RR imo is way better than a gsxr, i had a new ninja zx6R before my R6 and the ninja cant touch my R6. the R6 will perform and look sexy as hell.
they redesigned them this year....yea im really considering a r6 or cbr

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.