Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking to change out the fibers, plates, and springs on my 09 Yamaha r6s. When I asked a dealer near me he said go with barnett which is around $140. A few riders that I have talked to said to go with ebc srk which is a little more pricy at $180.

Looking for suggestions or experience with either or other options.

Or am I better going for OEM?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i would go EBC or OEM. You might be fine with JUST fibers. EBC sells a fiber only kit, WAYYY less than $180. OEM fibers are around $12 each.
Have you actually measured your fibers? if they are 2.9mm-3mm they are good. Min spec is 2.8mm (3mm is new). Put the metal plates on a glass table after drying em off, tap around them in 3-4 spots. If it wiggles when you tap with your finger, it's warped.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
barnett is shit. I would not ride motorcycles if they were the only ones that made clutches. OEM or EBC. The EBC kit is like $130. OEM is about $15 more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. I havent pulled it apart yet to know if I need to replace the plates but was just getting an idea. Will be pulling it apart this weekend.

Are kevlar lined fibers worth the extra $$?

Also oem springs or go with ebc?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
need to look at your manual for the "S" model, and not sure if it matters.. but on the 3rd gen, you have 3 different oem fibers. An inner, all the middle ones, and an outer that goes against the pressure plate. They need to be in the correct order and have distinct color painted on one or a few of the teeth.
can't remember on the 2nd gen, been a long time since i did a clutch on one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts