Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came home from work today and went to start the bike and it started up the first try but sounded sluggish. I rolled it down the driveway and it kept idling but only at like 1000 rpms so I gave it a bit of throttle and rolled about 200 feet down the street and it bogs down and then dies.

I push it back up the driveway and try to start it again. The fuel pump primes, the lights come on, it cranks as hard as normal, and then nothing. I'm getting good compression (according to my mechanic friend who listened to it over the phone) and the bike wants to start but can't seem to get completely there...

It rained pretty hard on her last night so I tore her down and checked all of the electrical connections, the coils, and the plugs and everything was fine.

I guess my last option to check tomorrow would be the fuel filter being clogged and it not getting enough gas to get going? When I took the tank off though there was gas that leaked from the tube...

It's got 23000 miles on it and I've never had a mechanical issue with it in its life so I'm stuck...

·
Registered
147 Posts
maybe start by checking thru all the DIAG values

1 - 2 of 2 Posts