Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what your highway RPMS are, and do you have a speedo healer?

I do have a speedo healer, and with only a -1 front, im turning about 72-73mph at 7k rpms. Cant remember off the top of my head.

Im going to be going with some more gear when I do a 520 chain, and im in need a new rear tire, so im thinking ill just knock it all out at the same time.

So those of you with speedo healers, whats your highway speed, and what gears do you have? Thanks.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Well... The ever so common gearing question. I wish I had this shyt saved in a word Doc. so that I could just copy paste it.

Number one... Have you done a search. This type of stuff is asked all the time.

Number two... -1+2 When I had it. I was running 16% off, on the speedo. So you figure at a true gps readout of 100 MPH I was showing 116 on the speedo. When I had that gearing, my speedometer and tach almost matched. Most of the time, *in top gear* When I was doing 50 it was at 5000 Revs. Clear up to about 130 at 13000 Revs, then it started to be slightly higher revs than speed.
I haven't ever run a -1+3 gearing setup, but I do run a -1+4 right now. My speedo was nearly 22% off with that change in gearing. Now, when I am running in top gear, my speeds are now (obviosly) higer with lower revs. When I am going 50 MPH I am running at about 4800 Revs. 60 MPH it's nearly 5500 Revs. At 100 I think (because I don't ride at 100 MPH THAT often) I'm at about 9000 Revs. The one time I topped the bike out, I redlined 15500 at 138.
All of this was done in a safe environment on closed roads mind you. I also DO have a speedo healer and I have is tuned into a hand held GPS. So, it is accurite.

That is all the info I have for ya. Hope I've helped.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man.

For those who asked, I took a couple pics just now, and im going to make a new thread, ill post the link in here when I get done with that thread.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
263 Posts
To answer your original question im running -1+2 with a speedohealer. and in top gear my r's are just off my speed. 60mph 6100-6200rpm same with 80mph 8100-8200rmp

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok cool, so it seems its not that much difference in RPMs. I just didnt want to see like 8 grand at 60mph or something like that. I still have a decent drive to work, and dont like screaming while just cruising down the highway.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cool, I checked last night, and at 74mph I was at 7 grand. So that gives me a good comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts