Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get on it
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about changing my gearing when i do a 520 conversion. how much fuel mileage has everyone lost and how much top end? i have a 07 and hate to loose fuel mileage because i put 19k miles on it and just had it a year.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure about fuel mileage but you will probably lose about 8 mph on top end. Hope this helps.:jacked

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have and 06 and I get 35 mpg out of mine
My tach shows rpms that match my speed, what I mean is at
50mph = 5000rpm
60mph = 6000rpm
100mph = 10000rpm
you get the idea, so i guess if my tach is 17500 quick math is that is still too fast :D

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, but no matter, I'm gettin my SDIME back! so I'll have ol reliable to throw the bike into the back of it if I have to.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
my speedo was off by 14.6% when i got my speedohealer

You'll lose a small amout of mpg and its minimal so it really doesnt matter...If you truely worried about it dont get it. Otherwise if it isnt that big of a deal do it.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
my speedo was off by -14.6% aswell. get a speedohealer. fixed that right up for me. no more speedo lag either.

·
Get on it
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might stick with the factory gearing. i am putting on a power commander and taking off the emmisions junk. i know the power commander is going to hurt the fuel mileage also but i want it to be the right fuel air mixture.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
i might stick with the factory gearing. i am putting on a power commander and taking off the emmisions junk. i know the power commander is going to hurt the fuel mileage also but i want it to be the right fuel air mixture.
I doubt you see a major difference. At least I didn't see much difference.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
i didnt see much of a difference either...maybe a couple miles a gallon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts