Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... picked up my 08 r6 in march.. im really happy with it other than the low end power.. I was so dissapointed with it. I know sme guys here use a -1 +2 520 kit.. im just wondering how -1+3 would be like? Would it be virtually imposible to keep the front dwn? Just considering the 05 R6 guys does -1 +2 conversion when there accelleration is good already, so i thought for the 08s a +3 at the back would be appropriate. Im not completelly bothered about top speed, 170 is mre than enough n im sre i wont mind cutting the top off. pls lemme know what u guys think.

·
Registered
263 Posts
well heres my .02. I had an 05 before my 06 and my 05 had -1 +3 and i loved it. I know it seems a little drastic especially on an 05, but i had no problem pulling the front tire up in 3rd. On my 06 i have -1 +2 and it honestly isn't anywhere near the low end on my 05. Even clutching it hard in 3rd i cant keep the front tire up. I debated trying to go up one more in the back, but haven't, idk why. Either way i guess if you dont mind running the higher R's i would do it. If you do let me know what you think about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.