Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but I did a search and didnt come up with much.....now that could be because I'm a newb, so don't flame too much...

I just got my first bike, an 05 R6, and I'm curious what it can do in the quarter mile, and 0-60. I'd rather read a stat about it, than try to see what it can do on my own considering I'm a new rider.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
For the '04 its around 4 secs for 0-60 and 10.70 for 1/4 mile.

But what a professional can do on it doesn't really matter.

Unless all you like doing is TELLING people how fast your bike is rather than SHOWING them.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Motorcyclist has the 2003 at 11.01 @ 125.3, so I'd say plus or minus a few ticks. That was what they got when testing it.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts

·
I Spank My R6
208 Posts
last year @ the track I got 11.6 on my 01' R6 with just a slip-on, what the mags say & what you put down are 2 different stories....so take it to the drag strip!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ran my '04 stock R6 with 5000 miles on the 1/4 mile last night and my times were, in chronological order, 11.803, 11.685, 11.371, 11.536 and 11.392. I didn't do any of the wierdo burnouts before the race and I didn't ride the clutch too hard off the line. I haven't done any performance mods or messed with my suspension yet either. There ya go!

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
psychobike.com 's the best drag race site I know of... Great place for info. I've gone a few 10.40's on lowered R6's... it was TUFF though. If anyone wants a drag race section setup here let me know.. I'd be happy to start one up... :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran the bike this past tuesday, I got a video of it also but waiting to get my video camera back from my buddy, had sexyr6chick recording it all for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts