Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't see a section for track racing so ill post it here. out of curiosity, what does a stock R6 do in a 1/4 mile and trap speed? i race my car at the track so i just want to get a feeling of how fast this bike is. i wil not be racing my bike at the track, that is what my car is for.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i do beleive i read low 11's somewhere but that is with an experienced rider. i havent made it there yet but the tracks just reopened a couple weeks ago. im hopin to get hi 11's myself but low 12's will be just fine with me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I need to get some crap tires and head out to the strip to practice my launches.

Never been much of a straight-line fan, so I am going to get killed on the starting line. :roll:

·
Registered
103 Posts
At sportrider.com it has all the 1/4mile times except for '04. They say the '03 does a 10.80 and i saw somewhere the '04 is capable of a 10.65.

·
Registered
527 Posts
THe smell of fresh rubber under a moonlite sky. I'll have some times soon as I get a day off so I see. I'm feeling 11's but that front end won't stay down. You can leave at 8 slipping the clutch but if you let it go. It will come straight up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow 11's and even breaking 10's, thats pretty dam fast. im all set with doin that, for now....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
loki1313 said:
Beantown said:
wow 11's and even breaking 10's, thats pretty dam fast. im all set with doin that, for now....
ya that will pretty much spank your rsx :mrgreen:
no doubt, it will spank mostly everthing at the track :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
quickr6 said:
runnin a -1 here.

thats fast..
yes I also go back in time a bit when I do the quarter

·
Registered
1,620 Posts