Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, me and a couple friends drove to Sacramento Raceway last night, and it happened to be open track. I was kinda hesitant to run, seeing as how i've never launched or dragged my bike, and the fact its built for the track and not the strip. There were stretched out Busa's and GSXR's everywhere, so it was kinda intimidating. I finally got enough balls to run, of course it was against a Stretched ZX-10R. I ran a 12.178 @ 119.280, which i was told was decent for a beginner. I kept around 12 before the end of the night. I finally remembered that you don't have to clutch when upshifting, and got enough balls to do a little burnout to get the tire warm. I staged up alone, everyone else was racing in the brackets, and i was just open running. i revved up to about 6-7, dropped the cluth, and got on it. I hit all my shift lights, and felt pretty good about my final run. I pulled up to the lady and sh*t myself, 11.625 @ 124.102. Well i just wanted to share my story, anyone else race theres yet?

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
I had the same experience as you, last year my bike was stock and my friends were out racing their cars so a group of us rode out, paid $30, and ran all night.

I was scared shitless the first time, i almost backed out but went through with it. My times were the same as yours basically. I was in the 12s all night until my last run i hit 11.8... Since then, i havent gone out again. Too much rubber under my bike and a waste of tires to me. I like to save the wear and tear for the road course. Non the less, it was a fookin blast!!!

·
to many toys :-)
457 Posts
how was the wind out there last night? it was blowing pretty hard
didnt even ride the bike today cuz of the wind.
next month there letting you bring your quads & pit bikes out to drag race
on an 1/8th mile. ill be out there with my banshee next month.
6-15-2008 for more info contact charlie at [email protected]
or www.dragbikepromotions.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts