Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 R6 with a power commander and a slip on and was curious with stock gearing and my weight of about 180 what times you think the bike should pull? I know this varies greatly on rider capabilities, but was wondering if anyone out there with a comparable set up that has run theres. I have a buddy who is always trying to get me to go to the drag strip with him. He is pulling 7.0's on his F4i and after riding his bike, it feels like no comparison with my bike.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my time when the bike was completly stock was 7.7 1/8th, had problems keeping the tire down on the launch. Style of luanch is way different then a car. Havent dragged since then but I think I could be in the 6's now.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
1/8 th mile is for pussies :poke

I went two weeks ago for the first time, sucked 'cause I only go two runs in. I'm pushing 210 with full gear, I ran at stock height and stcok gearing. And my bike is putting down 104HP at the rear wheel.

1st Run: 11.60 @ 119.5
2nd Run: 12.10 @ 121

Going back on Saturday. My goal is to get into the 11.20's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
z31maniac said:
1/8 th mile is for pussies :poke
Whats wrong with teh 1/8th? Sure most people including my self would much rather run the 1/4, but when your only 25 minutes from a 1/8 mile track and 1 1/2 hours from a qtr. track what would you try to do on friday night when you don't get off until 6:00? I don't know about you, but for me being close to home is huge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
in my shit hole of a town 1/8th is all there is DALLAS has a 1/4 but that 1.5 hrs away

I am also putting 104 hp down
:poke maybe its just the SKILL you need to pull a 11.2 :poke

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This thread is quite old now, but for anyone who cares I finally ran my bike for the first time on Friday. I ran 3 times and all were in the 7.3's at about 100. I would like to put a strap on it and see if i can keep the front down. I feel like the bike has the potential to go a good bit faster, I just don't want to screw up the fun factor by lowering and extending it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts