Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some advice, i can't decide between the two. what are disadvantages? thanks!

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
2pc Advantage
-Jacket can be worn seperately from the pants
-You can mix and match pants and jackets for different riding conditions
-You can take your jacket off and be more comfortable when sitting down for lunch.

1pc Advantages
-Offers more crash protection and eliminates the risk of the jacket and the pants seperating and exposing the skin to the ground
-My 1pc is more comfortable to wear on the bike than my 2pc suit

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
if you plan on doing the track you will see mostly 1 pc suits.

For the 2pc suit to be allowed on the track the suit must have a full circumference zipper that attaches the jacket to the pants.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you plan on doing the track you will see mostly 1 pc suits.

For the 2pc suit to be allowed on the track the suit must have a full circumference zipper that attaches the jacket to the pants.
yes, i am planing to go track maybe this year. I have ordered the 2pc suit and yes that one has the zipper that attaches to the pants, its RC-1 2pc suit by Alpinestars. It should be good enough for the track, right?

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
yes, i am planing to go track maybe this year. I have ordered the 2pc suit and yes that one has the zipper that attaches to the pants, its RC-1 2pc suit by Alpinestars. It should be good enough for the track, right?
Yes that 2 pc suit is good for the track. Very nice choice on the suit.

·
wat?
722 Posts
i just like the idea of being able to wear one part without the other if i'm on the street, and if i have to pop a squat then i don't have to get naked
:lmao Hilarious but true; it's why I have a 1pc for the track but a 2pc for the street. The fly makes it a lot easier to take a quick piss in the 2pc.... and if you have to drop a deuce there is NO comparison.

Plus the sitting down at lunch and actually being able to fit comfortably into a chair is nice.

I never could make use of the "just wear the jacket separately" though since it ends up being too short for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lmao Hilarious but true; it's why I have a 1pc for the track but a 2pc for the street. The fly makes it a lot easier to take a quick piss in the 2pc.... and if you have to drop a deuce there is NO comparison.

Plus the sitting down at lunch and actually being able to fit comfortably into a chair is nice.

I never could make use of the "just wear the jacket separately" though since it ends up being too short for me.
"Good idea about the taking a piss with the 2pc" thanks guys!

·
Registered
244 Posts
thanks for the info and sugestions that you guys made. I hope the suit will fit me perfectly. :) I might get it tomorrow!
I was thinking about getting that exactly same suit actually... I have a Dainese jacket and was debating if i should just get the leather pants but ... then i have A* SMX Plus boots... and i still need to shop for full gauntlet gloves which I'm leaning towards A* also ... so i figured might as well just get a separate suit for track alone.

How much did you pay for it ? ... The best deal i've found so far is at Cycle gear using a 20% coupon which ends up to be $850 w/ tax.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking about getting that exactly same suit actually... I have a Dainese jacket and was debating if i should just get the leather pants but ... then i have A* SMX Plus boots... and i still need to shop for full gauntlet gloves which I'm leaning towards A* also ... so i figured might as well just get a separate suit for track alone.

How much did you pay for it ? ... The best deal i've found so far is at Cycle gear using a 20% coupon which ends up to be $850 w/ tax.
I paid the retail price, i bought it from MotoGp down in Santa Clara Ca, it just remided me that they do have a coupon that you can print it out, but i think its only 10%. Well im going to ask them if they can do it still. I also got the GP tech gloves, the guys said that those ones are sweet. can wait to get it, its been six days now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have a two pc suit that i purchased off topgearleather.com it was fairly inexpensive but i only do a couple of track days a year. do you guys suggest any good knee sliders. i just started approaching knee drag angles, and i know by the summer i will be in full knee down range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
FYI, i got the suit today! but it sucks i think because the jacket is just about right, but the pants is not tight as i imagined. I tried the 1pc and it fits me perfectly, so i guess the 2pc is a little bit different, make sure to try it out first before buying.
But i also got the GP tech gloves and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a two pc suit that i purchased off topgearleather.com it was fairly inexpensive but i only do a couple of track days a year. do you guys suggest any good knee sliders. i just started approaching knee drag angles, and i know by the summer i will be in full knee down range.
AlpineStars are great i think, but then again they are all the same, you can also go by the brand that you already have, i personally like matching my suit. My boots, gloves and suit are all matched.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts