Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO yea I just need to vent a bit. Long story short......
I hit a Deer last August on the 6. I just got it all fixed about a week ago. $2800 worth of parts.
So today I got out for a short ride to warm the chain up so I can lube it. Bring the bike back into the garage and go to put it up on the rear stand and somehow it popped out of the right spool as I was lifting it and over the bike went on the right side. I tried to hold it, but couldn't.
The bad part is that my garage is small and my waverunner was next to it and the bike fell onto the tongue of the trailer....
Frame and Clutch sliders did no good here.
I now have a cracked rear fender, cracked battery box, broken fender elim, broken windshield, cracked tail fairing, cracked front fairing, and possibly cracked headlight.... Haven't had time to check everything else because I had to get ready for work.
Man I'm soooo Pissed off and I can't believe how easy all this sh*it broke because the bike didn't even fall that hard...
Owell time to fork out some more cash and go through the rounds again.
Thanks for reading. :thumbdown

·
Registered
218 Posts
that sucks man, I would have broken down into tears

·
Registered
206 Posts
that sucks sorry 2 hear

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn, thats rough. I had sort of the same thing happen awhile ago. I just forked out a bunch of money replacing a few fairings, then had some punk kids mess with me while on the road, on purpose. After cutting me off as I was about to pass them, they saw how close I was at this point and hit their brakes as hard as they could. As did I, but I ended up on the ground in the middle of the road, as they drove off never to be seen since. :mad:

Luckily I was not going very fast at this point, I was practically stopped. I went to colorrite.com and touched up where it was scuffed. You cant really notice unless you knew that it was there or looking very hard.

-m0nkey

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
:eek5....
dude...i'm sorry to hear about all that :( i pray for a speedy recovery :*tongue

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies so far guys. I just needed to hear something from a few of you to make me feel a bit better.
As my parents said.... "Maybe God doesn't want you to be riding it again and is trying to tell you something"
Hmmm you never know

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear about that dude that's not cool.

I try to be extra careful when working on the bike,but werd $hit happens and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts