Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im leavin from massachusetts and heading to cedar point in ohio....if you dont no what that place is look it up...1 of the best places on earth but anyways i need to bring my clothes out there. is there a site were i can get some sort of saddle bags for a street bike or how do u reccommend i get my shit out there

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
I recommend a Tail Bag. My buddy's got a really nice one made of high quality Codura (sp?) and it's pretty much bullet proof. You can fit alot of shyt in it too. Example. He can put his helmet two pairs of jeans two shirts and other little stuff in the middle. On the side pouches he can fit upto four water bottles. (on each side0

I will get back to you about what brand it is.

cedar Point is incredible... when are you going on your trip ?

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Here is a link to the tail bag my buddy has. It is incredible... AND the good thing about it... It NEVER touches your tail fairings, so it will not leave scratches. They are about 150 bucks or so. Let me know what you think

Link http://www.luggagelocker.com/elite-seat-sak.htm

There's also this one that can zip off of your seat (same shape as the other one I posted)

Link http://www.luggagelocker.com/elite-zip-pak.htm

The only down fall is that they don't garuantee speed of delivery.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot with the bags and i acutally just drove to cedar point 2 weeks ago with a 3 friends and ive been to knotts berry 2 dif. 6 flags all disney and universal parks and ridin the coasters in vegas.... and nothin and i mean nothingg will comapre to cedar point so me a buddy on an 01 R6 and a buddy on an 06 cbr 600 r going back out..they both love coaster and have never been...were plannin on heading out july7th thats going to be an all travel day to get there then the park on the 8th and 9th the drive home on the 10

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Wow....Should be a good time man

11 hours is crazy haha, i could barely handle a 3 hour ride. I couldnt wait for it to be over

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
Boo Ohio State! Go Blue!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im still in the air with wat bike to take the r6 or the 04 R1 the reason i think im takin teh 6 is cause its more comfortable but we will see

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Yeah... good luck with your trip bro... Let me know what you think of those tail bags eh?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a link to the tail bag my buddy has. It is incredible... AND the good thing about it... It NEVER touches your tail fairings, so it will not leave scratches. They are about 150 bucks or so. Let me know what you think

Link http://www.luggagelocker.com/elite-seat-sak.htm

There's also this one that can zip off of your seat (same shape as the other one I posted)

Link http://www.luggagelocker.com/elite-zip-pak.htm

The only down fall is that they don't garuantee speed of delivery.
so your tellin me that your friend has the one that is in the link above and he could fit all that stuff in there....i just want to make sure theres enough space in the bags to fit all my shit in

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
yeah... pretty much... they actually are pretty big. I mean. if you can't fit all your stuff in it, could wear a backpack also. But, we went to the gap a couple years back, and NO JOKE he packed about 4 days worth of clothing in them AND bought souviniers and NO problems toting them around.

How much stuff are you looking to take with you ? You're going there for two days and driving for two days right? So four days... Yeah, you should be Fine. If you need them to make it a little bigger, when you talk to them (there may be an additional fee) ask them to make it bigger. They might be able to do it. Also tell them that you need rush shipping because your trip is IN TWO WEEKS (i know it's not, but tell them that) and they will make it faster for you (that might also cost you a couple bucks more, but it might be worth it)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts