Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i can do alot better.but im all stock and it was my first run for the season.the other guy red lighted so the didnt give me a slip.so im racing again in 2 weeks and i will get a slip.my launch sucked.

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
Keep going at it... you'll get better...

·
Registered
237 Posts
yea it takes time you get good!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i went to the drag strip for the 1st time last night and ran low 12's/high 11's. i cant take off from a dead stop for shit. my 60ft was 2.33-2.44..just awful. best pass for me was the last one of the night. [email protected] with a 2.33 60ft :yuk:

·
Registered
237 Posts
i went to the drag strip for the 1st time last night and ran low 12's/high 11's. i cant take off from a dead stop for shit. my 60ft was 2.33-2.44..just awful. best pass for me was the last one of the night. [email protected] with a 2.33 60ft :yuk:
your get better:)

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
looks like you got an 06 r6 if im not mistaken

you should be able to slip it from about 9k and pull much better 60 ft times
i ran a 10.9 out my first weekend at the strip with my 05 r6 and you rbike has better power so im assuming youll be able to get it into the mid 10s fairly easy

·
Registered
7 Posts
i went friday night and ran for the first time with shitty launching cuz i dont know how to and i got

2.196 for the 60
8.149 for the 1/8 @ 95.62mph
12.268 for the 1/4 @ 117.35mph
i'm 205lbs

·
Registered
566 Posts
11.91 first time out i shifted into second gear about about 6k rpm's and than just wnet from there because i still dont trust my self WOT in first gear

·
Registered
124 Posts
11.91 first time out i shifted into second gear about about 6k rpm's and than just wnet from there because i still dont trust my self WOT in first gear
wow thats a quick time for short shifting, how did you even launch the bike??? lol. how do you not trust yourself in first gear??

·
In Florida
778 Posts
x2 i hold first gear WOT coming out of the hole and at the top of 1st at about 12K the front starts to lift so i just let off slightly or go ahead and shift which the i'm at about 14-15K rpm's anyways

1 - 11 of 11 Posts