Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I used the search function. No, I did not find what I was looking for. :thumbdown

There's this place I know that sells oil filters for 6.99--free shipping. However, the years listed is 2006-2012. Will it work for a 2014 model?? It's Volar brand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, that's what I thought--that they were the same since '06. Just wanted to be 100% sure before I spent money on it. :)

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
just FYI.. even the manual states you only need to change filters every other oil change. Many of us change oil way more often than needed. If you are changing filters every oil change, save the money on the cheap filter.. and get an OEM yamaha filter and just change it every other change. Spending the same money, but getting better filtration. EMGO is the only aftermarket oil filter i think i would put on my r6 if not an OEM filter.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I've been using car filters since the first oil change 50k miles ago.
Theres a website that shows some filters cut open. You wouldn't want a Yamaha filter if you seen them open. It's not using a filter media like what's in every other filter. It looks like a pumice stone.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Ok well yamaha has at some point switched to using pleated filter media like mist filters. They had some kind of plastic block that looked like a fish tank filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts