Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 R6 with about 2500 miles on it. It's still under warranty and I'll take it to the shop in a week or two but I want to - at least - have an idea of what is wrong with the bike.

So while riding, when I decelerate there is this rattling sound coming from the right side of the engine, after riding for a while I noticed the right pegs were vibrating a little too much as well. It does not happen when the bike is on neutral, everything sounds smooth when I let go off the throttle while on N. The rattle is especially noticeable around 3k rpm, I still have the stock exhaust so maybe I wouldn't even hear it with a full system but still..

I replaced the cam chain tensioner, I was almost sure that was the problem but the darned rattle is still there on engine breaking, bike is running good otherwise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm having the same problem where when I decel or accel, I can hear some rattling/metal clunking sound and I'm guessing it's either the drive chain or cam chain/tensioner.

·
Touchdown!
1,412 Posts
Make sure the tension on the chain is good. Auto or manual tensioner?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts