Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a truck that used to have an insane sound system in it. It's got dual 425amp alternators that put out 230amps combined at idle (800 engine rpm). It's got six "group 31" AGM batteries in it that are separate (electrically) from the one used to start/power the truck.

Do they make tire warmers in 12v so I can power them right from the batteries/truck?

-Jamie M.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Most are about 1200 watts. My Woodcrafts are less, but they warm up more slowly.

Just go grab a power inverter and if it doesn't work, take it back. No 12v warmers that I know of.

·
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most are about 1200 watts. My Woodcrafts are less, but they warm up more slowly.

Just go grab a power inverter and if it doesn't work, take it back. No 12v warmers that I know of.
Yeah, but inverters are so inefficient and crappy.

I guess I'll go that route. I asked Google if anyone had 12v warmers but they said 'not sure' as well.

Thanks for the quick reply.

-Jamie M.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
well... not ALL inverters are inefficient and crappy. BUT.. you're going to pay through the nose for the ones that aren't. :laugh

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Yeah, but inverters are so inefficient and crappy.
I've got a 1200w inverter and the only time it works well is when I chain 4 or 5 deep cycle batteries together to drive it. At that point, you might as well get a generator.

There aren't many 12v setups I know that can power 1200w

Yamaha generator FTW! :D

·
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There aren't many 12v setups I know that can power 1200w
This guy was running 7000watts of stereo stuff with the key off for hours at a time. I think 6 massive AGM batteries could power some puny warmers ;)

Besides, this truck only consumes 1.8L of fuel per hour at idle, she can be my generator!

-Jamie M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts