Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
that 176 thing is bs. does he think hes "cool" for admitting that?
i was full throttle in 6th gear, on my 2007, fully tucked and only hit 158. from then on, it accelerates really slow

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
that 176 thing is bs. does he think hes "cool" for admitting that?
i was full throttle in 6th gear, on my 2007, fully tucked and only hit 158. from then on, it accelerates really slow
If he has mod'ed his bike he can get up to 176. You can watch videos on YouTube.com with them at that speed. My bike has hit 170 (indicated) easily, but I have her modded up. What the actual speed of the bike was I don't know. I run with the 525 setup. And that was NOT done on the streets.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I watched the video for the second story :D I think the cop ought to stick to nascar... looks like he's trying to figure out how to get it into neutral, doesn't realize the shift pattern is reversed; then, talking about how it's built to race, points out that everything is new...wow, new parts on a new bike, must be a racer. Then he mentions the rear sprocket, and says "the bigger that back sprocket is, the faster it goes." Wrong, sir :sing

I think there at the end, he was like "shut that camera off, i'm getting a boner thinking about riding this thing"

·
... and we win!!!!!
52 Posts
the funny thing is that, as far as I could see, the bike was stock!!! the spocket hasn't been changed or made bigger for "more speed" I didn't see any braided brake lines or pretty much anything that would hint towards this guy "setting the bike up for racing" that cop sure had a hell of a time making up that report though!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
What you can't see is if the guy put a PC3 (or like computer), ignition timer, autoshifter, volocity stacks, etc on his bike. Who cares about braided lines? All that gives you is a firmer grip on the brake (not as much flex). Half the guys tracking their bikes don't even go with braided lines because they don't like the feel. Any fool can up his bike's performance without ever touching the sprockets, tires, or brake lines.

I can't tell what he has on his bike myself, but the video does imply it is more stock than not.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
What you can't see is if the guy put a PC3 (or like computer), ignition timer, autoshifter, volocity stacks, etc on his bike. Who cares about braided lines? All that gives you is a firmer grip on the brake (not as much flex). Half the guys tracking their bikes don't even go with braided lines because they don't like the feel. Any fool can up his bike's performance without ever touching the sprockets, tires, or brake lines.

I can't tell what he has on his bike myself, but the video does imply it is more stock than not.
Spot on. If you look at my 2001 R6 you'd never be able to tell that it could do 170 plus; but it does, I'm just not much into "looks" mods; everything outside is stock other than a double bubble and solo cowl.

It's totally possible, but highly improbable (or his speedo is grossly over-estimating which is also entirely possible as well).

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
Im calling BullShit on the second video. If this guy can afford all these "Mods" on his bike, he should be able to afford a windscreen. The dumb hill-billy was probably too cross-eyed to read the speedo correctly...

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
another squid video, poppin wheelies at 80 then running with not enough gas, how dumb ya gotta be?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Would'nt the larger sprocket cause the speedo to read too high?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What the hell was the cop doing 135mph for? That's just adding to the threat of safety on the road..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts