Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

14T front sprocket on 2009 track bike

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  motogppress 
#1 ·
did anyone use 14T front / 45T rear with a 525 chain and sprockets on their R6's?

i want to try the ratio first on my 525 oem chain and then i'll play around if needed with a 520 chain sprocket conversion!

currently i have just a 15t front with the oem 45 and 525 chain on my track bike.

is a small and technical track and most of the guys use the 520 15/47 conversion on their r6's!

that way i'll have my axle little back

thanks

#4 ·
it all depends from the size of the track you ride your bike! in Cyprus we have a small technical track with no elevations and the longest straight gives you maximum with a 1000cc bike 200km/h.

with a 600cc you can turn the whole track in 2nd gear, with the setup i have now and in some cases only you can shift 3rd and back to 2nd in a couple of seconds.

coming out of the tight turns you crack open the gas with no worries if you are in 2nd.

i'm not sure as well if the 14T fits and you don't drag the chain on the swingarm!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.