Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the write up with weight, horsepower, torque and price for 18, yes 18, exhaust options (12 slip-ons and 6 full systems) ranging from Leo Vince to Hindle and a few in-between. This is not a competition to say which slip-on or full system is the best because not everyone looks for the same thing when they purchase and exhaust. This is just meant to help you make a decision when it's time for you to purchase your next aftermarket pipe.

NOTE: All dyno runs were completed on the same dyno on a 2010 Kawaski ZX-14 over the course of two days in nearly identical weather conditions using Chevron 91 octane fuel. All numbers are listed + or - over the stock system. All exhaust were run WITHOUT the decibel lowering inserts.

Shall we get started?

Stock HP & Torque for the 2010 Kawasaki ZX-14:
HP=160.4
Torque=100.7lb-ft

SLIP-ONS

Leo Vince SBK Midnight Unlimited
Weight: 13.14 lbs
HP: +4.6
TQ: +0.7lb-ft
Db: +11
Price: $679 (add $100 for custom engraving)
www.leovinceusa.com

Yoshimura R-77 Stainless/Carbon
Weight: 14.76 lbs (heaviest slip-on)
HP: +5.3 (tied most slip-on HP)
TQ: +1.2lb-ft
Db: +6
Price: $1,099 (most expensive slip-on)
www.yoshimura-rd.com

M4 Retro Drag
Weight: 10.08 lbs
HP: +4.2
TQ: +0.8lb-ft
Db: +19 (loudest slip-on)
Price: $651
www.m4exhaust.com

Two Brothers Racing Carbon Fiber V.A.L.E. Black Series
Weight: 10.02 lbs
HP: +5.3
Db: +9
Price: $979
www.twobros.com

FMF Apex
Weight: 10.96 lbs
HP: +4.4
TQ: +1.0lb-ft
Db: +8
Price: $799.99
www.fmfracing.com

D&D
Weight: 13.6 lbs
HP: +4.7
TQ: +1.1lb-ft
Db: +12
Price: $505 (most affordable slip-on)
www.danddexhaust.com

Hindle Street Titanium
Weight: 10.32 lbs
HP: +2.7
Db: +7
Price: $849.95
www.hindle.com

Vance and Hines CS-One
Weight: 14.4 lbs
HP: +5.3 (tied most slip-on HP)
TQ: +2.0lb-ft (most slip-on TQ)
Price: $845
www.vanceandhines.com

HMF Performance
Weight: 13.5 lbs
HP: +5.0
TQ: +0.8lb-ft
Db: +9
Price: $699.95
www.hmfracing.com

VooDoo
Weight: 4.7 lbs (lightest slip-on)
HP: +3.0
TQ: -0.2lb-ft
Db: +18
Price: $549.98
www.voodoomoto.com

Brock's Alien Head
Weight: 6.46 lbs
HP: +3.9
TQ: +1.1lb-ft
Db: +15
Price: $840
www.brocksperformance.com

Competition Werkes GP Pro
Weight: 7.24 lbs
HP: +3.9
TQ: +1.0lb-ft
Db: +17
Price: $695
www.competitionwerkes.com

That's it for the slip-on pipes, now on to the full systems.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
FULL SYSTEMS

Brock's CT Titanium
Weight: 9 lbs (lightest full system)
HP: +12.1
TQ: +2.8lb-ft
Db: +17
Price: $1,595 (most expensive full system)
www.brocksperformance.com

Muzzy M14 Stainless w/ Megaphone
Weight: 11.3 lbs
HP: +12.3 (most full system HP)
TQ: +3.6lb-ft
Db: +18 (loudest full system)
Price: $1,079.95
www.muzzys.com

Yoshimura R-77 Stainless
Weight: 15.18 lbs (heaviest full system)
HP: +10.1
TQ: +3.4lb-ft
Db: +10
Price: $1,029
www.yoshimura-rd.com

Hindle Stainless/Carbon Fiber
Weight: 10.54 lbs
HP: +9.7
TQ: +3.6lb-ft
Price: $949.95 (most afforable full system)
www.hindle.com

Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. 4-2-1 Stainless/Carbon Fiber
Weight: 11.04 lbs
HP: +10.7
TQ: +3.6
Db: +15
Price: $1,149
www.twobros.com

Leo Vince SBK Factory EvoIII Stainless/Carbon Fiber
Weight: 13.2 lbs
HP: +10.4
TQ: +3.9ft-lb (most full system TQ)
Price: $974.35
www.leovinceusa.com

I know people are gonna say "this thread is a waste, those numbers don't even come close to applying to the R6". Well to you I say, this isn't supposed to be about the R6. It isn't even about the ZX-14 that these exhaust were tested on. It is about the exhaust itself and the numbers they are able to produce on a stock machine.

P.S.
I tried to make this look as professional as possible, sorry if it seems really long.

·
cruisin for a bruisin
315 Posts
Very nice, thank you for the time spent.

My friend has a 08 zx-10, and has a vance and hines cs-one slip one, I will have to tell him about this.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First thing first, I didn't do this comparison, this is actually in the Jan 2011 issue of Super Streetbike. I put it up on here so you guys had a little info about these exhaust if the magazine isn't available where you live or if it is available this will save you $4.99. I really wish someone would do a big comparison like this with the R6. Maybe we can post our dyno numbers on here with the year of your R6, mods done at the time of dyno, stock HP & TQ and what the final outcome was.

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Great Post! :bow I love Muzzy Exhausts...I had one on my old Kawi. Looks like two bro's didn't do too bad :sing

Maybe we can post our dyno numbers on here with the year of your R6, mods done at the time of dyno, stock HP & TQ and what the final outcome was.
There are too many variables to compare between each other on the web. I think bikes come out of the box with a range of +-10% hp from each other (same model, year ect.) Add-ons tend to give a % gain...so it would be all over the place.

·
I4 Virgin
80 Posts
Thats a pretty cool report if you happen to have a zx-14. Butttt.... i'm pretty sure none of this info really applies at all to the R6. I would be astounded if the % gain for each manufacturer applied across the board to every single system/model they made

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great Post! :bow I love Muzzy Exhausts...I had one on my old Kawi. Looks like two bro's didn't do too bad :sing
I was thinking the same thing about the Two Bros.

There are too many variables to compare between each other on the web. I think bikes come out of the box with a range of +-10% hp from each other (same model, year ect.) Add-ons tend to give a % gain...so it would be all over the place.
Okay, then lets just see who has gotten the most HP & TQ out of their R6. :swordfigh

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a pretty cool report if you happen to have a zx-14. Butttt.... i'm pretty sure none of this info really applies at all to the R6. I would be astounded if the % gain for each manufacturer applied across the board to every single system/model they made
Please read the last portion of the original post, thanks.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the same issue they have a 2004 ZX-10 that shows the installation of an M4 Carbon Fiber slip-on. Weight savings of 1.82 lbs with a dyno run of +4.5hp, +1.4lb-ft of torque over the stock exhaust. Price: $475 at www.m4exhaust.com M4 seems like a pretty solid pipe, replace our giant Cat system with an M4 midpipe and add an M4 Carbon Fiber exhaust and I'd be willing to bet you'd see and increase between +6.5-7hp and +2-2.5lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
501 Posts
for full systems you have the muzzy as having the most h.p. gain at 12.3 but Brock has a horse power gain of 12.5 type-o? great write up though.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
for full systems you have the muzzy as having the most h.p. gain at 12.3 but Brock has a horse power gain of 12.5 type-o? great write up though.
Yes it was a type-o, actually it was my math that was wrong. The Muzzy is +12.3, the Brocks system is +12.1.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Sweet man. Just checked out the Two brothers slip-on for the 2011 ZX10r. They have a Dyno video of it on Two Brother's site. Oh my gosh does it sound amazing

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Sweet man. Just checked out the Two brothers slip-on for the 2011 ZX10r. They have a Dyno video of it on Two Brother's site. Oh my gosh does it sound amazing
Two bros sound sick on the r6 (ask me how I know...) :fact

This forum is the only place I frequent that consistently bashes two bros... BUT it was one of the most popularly used systems in that thread about what everybody had on their bike here. It doesnt make any sense...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts