Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BACK
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for all the guys who keep reading about the 190 for a rear tire so far for my experience i love the 190. I put it on last night and put 90 miles on it and i cant see why id go back to a 180 and yes this is an r6. while riding straight lines the stability is uncomparable to a 180 and the turns may be a little slower but not very noticeable and what i mean by that is the tire is fatter so it leans over a little slower but not enough to actually tell people its not a good idea to put it on...but then again i dont want anyone to get confused i am not a track guy or a stunt rider..just a street rider and hell yes its more comfortable on the street...SOLEY MY OPINION but i hope this helps anyone thinkin about the change because no one made it this clear when i searched

·
BACK
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to say that im riding michelin pilot powers this could make a difference but ive never ridden anything else

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1 man

i went to a 190 power race end of last year and LOVE IT!!! i have a 195 dunlop race slick im thinking of mounting on my spare rim for the sunny days but im not sure yet

·
BACK
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice man yea i wasnt sure because i read so many different opinions so i figured id just risk it lol i wish i heard someone say I LOVE IT cause then i woulda been 100% sure before i did it...either way im 156% with doing it again :nocontrol

·
wat?
722 Posts
WTF is straightline stability? Did you use to fall over?

The 190 does have benefits but also counteracted by the pieces you mentioned, plus slower acceleration and deceleration.

Glad you like it though.

·
BACK
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i fall over while riding straight its a big problem im seeking immediate help thank you for announcing it to everyone though:werd

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been riding Dunlop 190/55 Ntecs and I love them and would rather not go back to a 180.

All the AMA Supersport guys race 190/55's I feel a lot more stable in the corners and the drive out of the corners is amazing.

·
goofball royale
161 Posts
I've been riding Dunlop 190/55 Ntecs and I love them and would rather not go back to a 180.

All the AMA Supersport guys race 190/55's I feel a lot more stable in the corners and the drive out of the corners is amazing.
Interesting to hear that it's working out for you. Did you keep the stock wheel? A 190/50 is supposed to fit on a 6 inch wide wheel and gets pinched and has a more pointy profile when stuffed onto a 5.5 stock wheel like ours. You're using a 190/55 which has an even taller profile. Are the AMA SS guys running 5.5 or 6 inch wheels?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Interesting to hear that it's working out for you. Did you keep the stock wheel? A 190/50 is supposed to fit on a 6 inch wide wheel and gets pinched and has a more pointy profile when stuffed onto a 5.5 stock wheel like ours. You're using a 190/55 which has an even taller profile. Are the AMA SS guys running 5.5 or 6 inch wheels?
Im running stock wheels. The tire does pinch alitte but its not really noticable. And I do not know what size wheel the SS guys run.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have ran the 190 55 on my r6 and loved it. The tire def. had some bubble and i had to move the wheel alot further back but with the geo set right i really liked the feel of the tire. my bikes being rebuilt right now and im going to have a 180 put on the back this time. So ill post back up with results cause i have a terrible memory and will need to ride the 180 again to say which i like better.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The new Dunlop Ntech 190/55 is designed to run on a 5.5 or 6 inch wheel, so it will fit on the R6 correctly. Whether or not you will like it is a matter of personal preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts