Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys as the title states my R6 hates to start when it gets hot. It starts ok when I let it cool down for a while. I've done some research but I haven't been able to narrow it down. Let me explain in a little more detail.

First off the bike has 37xxx miles, the valves were inspected at 28000 and carbs were cleaned and synched at the same time. When it gets hot it has a lot of trouble starting it'll just crank until the point where my battery dies but it'll bump start no problem so i dont think its a fuel issue. ive noticed oil in my airbox and smoke coming from the crankcase breather. the battery is brand new. i just need a place to start cause its really pissing me off and i hate not having a reliable bike. If u guys could give me some ideas id really appreciate it...

·
she already got me broke
168 Posts
easy guys. its a common issue for first generations(`99/02). trust me i did all i could with mine. but sometimes you cant avoid it. when its really hot i try to not give it much gas i think makes it worse. some ppl say its carb related thing when gas evaporated inside the bowls. dont forget to clean all passages. check filters, slip-on, airbox, fuel intake. because its pretty easy get it choked when is hot.

·
she already got me broke
168 Posts
i never had a problem with ignition coils. but they say could fail anytime. by the way. `03 model are 2nd generation bikes (03/06), those years already came with injection, not carbs anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I Wonder....this thing, whit my engine.....when it starts to fail all sparkplugs gets even black soty..... should i try turn the airmix screw 1/2 turn in??? And where are that location on the carburator??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys..and GIRLS:jester..... I have an solution for MY bike, A
and MAYBE this is a common issue for, 99 mod, i can just hope for some bigger than that.... In some short way: problem identified to the 4 airmix pilot jet.. Syl 1: 4.5 turn out Syl 2: 3.5 out 3: 3 out 4: 2 out.... Well since it should be in the first Place so, that all these airjets should be exactly like much turned out, as the factorymanual says to be = 2 turns out , will in my case see to that the engine behaive like a can of Garbage... Symptomes will be the following...:Bad idle-problems whit the Whole register-impossible (allmost) to start when hot-smell of gasolin,cz hi Level of co2-black smoke from exhaust-and last but the first Place to look, spark plugs......They will apear like black dry soty, check Your carbs..... NO ONE, have ever touched my carbs...... THAT tells ME, that those airjets actually for SOME weakeness, are capable to outscrew them self............... Yamahahahaha:toocool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
By the way, MY bike, is AGAIN totally free of diseases, and i got me self a R6 i can trust and relie on....... And THAT, is a hughe relief.........:):):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts