Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is starting to bog out around 4k rpm's and is making it hard to accelerate, and as i go threw the gears it get worse and worse, someone told me that cleaning my carb. would probably do the trick, just wanted a second opinion on the matter, any other ideas??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad ignition coil. The bike would sound terrible and had very little power.

To test, i measured the exhaust header temperature after running the bike, foung out that one of them wasn't heating up, so I swapped the coil with another, and measured the temperature again, and it heated back up. Replaced the bad coil and everything runs great again.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Things to check are probably the coils as stated above and your carb. How many miles are on the bike and did it just start happening out of nowhere or did you add a part or do something that might have brought this on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.