Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys, whats up?

Just picked up a 2007 R6 with 13K miles for 4G's.. Its a buddy's from work, he says its all good to go so I jumped on it, its completely stock.

Ive ridden dirt bikes way back when and even rode a Ninja 250 back in HS (~18 years ago), pretty excited to get my bike license and learn how to ride it, winter is here so it looks like it will just sit in the garage till then..

Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
:wave hello

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
Welcome to the family! :cheers Gear up and take a MSF course. Sounds like it has been a while since you've been on a bike and it never hurts to brush up on the basics. Besides, it saves you from having to pass a DMV drive test.

As far as stands go, if you are looking for inexpensive, Harbor Freight or TRex are cost-effective.

Ride safe and take advantage of the experience on this forum. A lot of good people with a lot of good information. :fact

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.. Ive looked into the safety classes already, but they are closed for the winter, opens up next April.

I just saw the post about the harbor freight stands, will get those this weekend, Thanks.

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
Thanks.. Ive looked into the safety classes already, but they are closed for the winter, opens up next April.

I just saw the post about the harbor freight stands, will get those this weekend, Thanks.
Sweet deal. It's going to be a looooooong winter for you. :fact

Although, from the looks of your avatar, you might have something else to occupy your time.

·
Registered
501 Posts
welcome! You really did get a great deal I spent 3600 on an 03 with 11k on it and that was a pretty good deal congrats!

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet deal. It's going to be a looooooong winter for you. :fact

Although, from the looks of your avatar, you might have something else to occupy your time.
Yep, I am patiently waiting for enough snow to go tear up the trails.. I bet the sled is just as fast, if not faster then the R6 at the drag strip.

·
Wanderer
774 Posts
Make sure the Helmet fits correctly. There are a few great deals going on right now that I would take advantage of if I had the cash. Happy riding!

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Nice man. Welcome to the family. My 1st bike is this R6 too. I never riden a bike before just quads. I jumped on her learned by myself.

Enjoy the forum and Gears, gears, GEARS!

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
congrads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts