Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please tell me how I make the clamps that hold the carbs to the motor tight iv tried filling them and turning the every way possible ( they were not tight when I got the bike). Its making me feel like I'm a dumb ass

·
Registered
78 Posts
so there is a rubber boot between the carbs and the intake valves. Which side of the boot are you trying to tighten? The one that attaches boot to carb or the one that attaches boot to intake valves? And what year is your bike? although I'm sure this is the same for all of them but I have a '99 and between the boot and the carb it is like a 2.5mm or 3mm allen fitting. and they are super hard to get to. SoI have extended allen wrenches for them to reach under there. Would need to take the airbox out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you mind me asking what level of do it yourself mechanic you are? Just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing here. I have a small project going today (trying to figure out a throttle hanging issue), so I double checked and the boots between carbs and engine intake are secured by 5mm Allens to the head, and 2.5mm to the carb. They are both particularly difficult to get to. With a Allen wrench that is. I guess there is a possibility we have different set ups but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmmm - looks like either someone changed mine from stock or someone changed yours from stock. Not really sure what you're missing then, seems like you should be able to seat the carbs and tighten up.... Doesn't have to be that tight, just needs to hold them in place. Generally when they are seated they are pretty snug anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts