1/8th- 8.0595sec
1/8mpr- 95.02MPH
1000ET- 10.2353sec
1000mpr- 108.30MPH
1/4ET- 12.2004 sec
1/4 MPH 118.05MPH

I know the times weren't really that good but i was still happy with it

I was at Speedworld in PHX AZ, the temp that night was about 95

My wight is about 235 with all my gear on(im 6,3)

Mods:
1 up in the back
gold chain
two bros can

Any tips on how i can get a better 60ft

My launches suck, i cant get my feet up when im going down the track

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. i dont want 2 stretch and lower it yet, its still my daily rider

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
What where you launching at rpm wise? You're a big dude compared to most so that will hinder your times. I ran similar 60' times,was almost a full second faster and had about 8mph on your times in the 1/4 mile. Launch at 10k, feather the clutch enough to move out and not bog the bike down.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but you need a 1 liter homey. You prob won't ever see 10's or maybe even low low 11's with your weight. Gearing is going to be you boost. That with a tune and maybe some n20 would do you some good. Your 60' is pretty good for your first time. It took me 5 tries before getting a 2.0. Keep practicing, that's what I am doing. 3 more days until the strip again. woo hoo

-Ant.

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Nice! Keep it up man, I've been to the strip a few times and my best was a 11.6 in the 1/4 mile...kinda addicting once you start doing it :)

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i plan on getting an R1 or gsxr 1000 for a drag bike... im just trying to work on my 60ft cuz once that gets down the 1/4 will b going down right with it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry for the old-ass thread revival, but im also 6'3" and around 228lbs. Good to know im not the only guy this big riding an R6

·
Hook 'Em!!!
345 Posts
launching a 600 is a bitch IMHO lol...of course i've only been to the track once

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
launching a 6 is way harder then launching a 1k... you have to get it perfect... a 1k you can F up a little and still get an ok time

·
OPDS9091
213 Posts
I have a 07 R6s and i take it to the strip at least evrey weekend (weather permitting). The mod's i have are: RLS clip-on (the clip-on is like having a open exhaust because there is no baffle, so it's from the headers straight to the pipe and right out, PC111 (there is no mapp for my pipe so PC tols me to go with the leo or 2 broth's pipe), velocity stacks, -1 +2 chain conversion, intake, K&N filter, strapped front. My times average from 11.5's @ 126 mph, the best run was a 10.67 @ 138 mph. I'm getting the bike dyno'd next tuesday so it will be tunned HOPEFULLY perfect. I live in Florida so the weather is pretty good but it does heat up after a few runs. The hardest part for me is the keeping the front wheel down si i roll off and it takes time away from the run. It's an every day bike and the guy's i ride with are telling my to stretch it (there is a 1"-3" block) but I bought it in 2009, it was a left over and i bought the X-tended warrenty for 5 years so everything I have done to the bike is all covered. The 2 other thiings that i want to do is, the stretch and quick shifter. The dealeer said that if i went with the strech it will be covered, but the quick shifter wont because it using NOS. But forget all of that stuff, get use to the bike do your runs and work on the launch and the 60', that's where it counts, cause after you shift it into 2nd hammer the throttle wide open and power shift the best you can. SO, have fun be safe and enjoy the RUSH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts