Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my 1st time posting on here, Ive been a member for a week or two. Anyways last night me and some buddies went to the drag strip on our bikes for the 1st time last night.
MY bike is a 2000 R6 All factory (as far as i know) has 17,xxx miles. The only aftermarket thing on it is a jardine rt-1 slip on that i shortened about 5 inches (thanks to LarryJ).
I was running constant 12.00 in the 1/4 mile. Is that a good time for my bike?

Bryant

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I used to go 10.50s on an 01 with a few bolt ons.... I think you need more practice.

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
the guy that commented after me.....

he is Steph. :laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Factory pro V-stacks, factory pro ignition advance, k&N filter, -1+3 520 swap, micron slip on, ultimate 4 racing fuel, and I was like 35lbs lighter.:laugh

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have read that the k&n filter ****s with the 1st gen r6's is this true?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
i have read that the k&n filter ****s with the 1st gen r6's is this true?
Yeah, but at the strip its okay since youre only using the upper RPMs anyways. Its more of a driveability thing. I ended up going back to stock eventually before selling the bike.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Whats the elevation over there. No 600 here is running in the 10's unless you have some serious mods
Close to sea level. Actually, back on that 01 it was literally 1/4mile from the ocean. The current strip I went 10.7 on my 08 and its probably like 800' here.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
So this is my 1st time posting on here, Ive been a member for a week or two. Anyways last night me and some buddies went to the drag strip on our bikes for the 1st time last night.
MY bike is a 2000 R6 All factory (as far as i know) has 17,xxx miles. The only aftermarket thing on it is a jardine rt-1 slip on that i shortened about 5 inches (thanks to LarryJ).
I was running constant 12.00 in the 1/4 mile. Is that a good time for my bike?

Bryant
What was your trap speed? That'll tell us and you how much more time you could pickup by launching and shifting just right.

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok here is my whole time slip...

r/t ..... .802
60' ..... 2.016
330 .... 5.291
1/8 .... 7.880
MPH .... 94.13
1000 ... 10.119
1/4 ...... 12.060
MPH .... 115.78

and yes i know i need to get my reaction time better....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Your reaction time is garbage, your 1/8 mph should be over 100 and your 60 is pretty bad as well. Bring that down to a 1.8 and you are looking at an 11.6 on the same run. Also, your 1/4 mph is garbage dude. You need to be in the mid to upper 120s. You are either shifting way to early or way too late and taking entirely too long to complete your shifts.

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
like i said dont start the shit talking. This was my 1st time ever racing a bike. But what exactly is the best way to shift in a drag race? i almost completly let off the throttle to shift every gear.
Also u dont think i could get in low 11's? MY buddy on his 2003 cbr 600rr was geting constant 11.2's. Granted i know his bike is fuel injected but still i was thing id be runnign the same as him... But i guess not... Any tips or pointers to help a first timer out?

·
stuntin
738 Posts
Your reaction time is garbage, your 1/8 mph should be over 100 and your 60 is pretty bad as well. Bring that down to a 1.8 and you are looking at an 11.6 on the same run. Also, your 1/4 mph is garbage dude. You need to be in the mid to upper 120s. You are either shifting way to early or way too late and taking entirely too long to complete your shifts.
Do you remember what your shift points were on your 08? I usually go to 15500 or 16 but read that some people do it around 14,500 and have had some success.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Work on that reaction time and 60ft time. It'll help a lot

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
ok here is my whole time slip...

r/t ..... .802
60' ..... 2.016
330 .... 5.291
1/8 .... 7.880
MPH .... 94.13
1000 ... 10.119
1/4 ...... 12.060
MPH .... 115.78

and yes i know i need to get my reaction time better....
Thx for posting the info. Steph nailed it all vvvv That's a slow ass trap speed bro. Trap speed is a direct result of the amount of horsepower you're putting down to the ground.

:laugh NAILED IT

like i said dont start the shit talking. This was my 1st time ever racing a bike. But what exactly is the best way to shift in a drag race? i almost completly let off the throttle to shift every gear.
Also u dont think i could get in low 11's? MY buddy on his 2003 cbr 600rr was geting constant 11.2's. Granted i know his bike is fuel injected but still i was thing id be runnign the same as him... But i guess not... Any tips or pointers to help a first timer out?
It's help. It's the rough truth. Take the advice, don't get uptight about it. More will come. He knows what he is telling you.

Do you remember what your shift points were on your 08? I usually go to 15500 or 16 but read that some people do it around 14,500 and have had some success.
It's an 02. Unless you have the velocity stacks, etc, it's gonna weeze in the really high RPM's. 15.5-16 is OVER rev

1 - 20 of 36 Posts