Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a blast i got a a friend who took me along i have been dragging my feet to do this for the past couple of years i was afraid i would enjoy myself to much and i did......

hers a couple of pics if you notice anything i could do posture wise or if you see anything i could correct from these couple of shots let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that was the guy i went with he was faster it was a 750 and he pushed his bike alot further than i was willing to push mine.... i was happy for not crashing he had his gf timing him on every lap but it was really fun

·
goofball royale
161 Posts
Great to see you finally got out there, and welcome to the addiction. >:)

You look fine in the pictures... maybe relocate your knee pucks is all haha. Also it might be safer if you get a tinted visor instead of wearing sunglasses inside the helmet.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
I would suggest using a tinted visor instead of wearing glasses. It will help increase yor field of view a little and reduce a possible distraction. I used to wear glasses underneath the lid too. I learned that either not wearing them or spending the extra 30-40 dollars on a tinted visor was much more confidence inspiring. I realize some visors are nearly 80 dollars as well. I would bite the bullet and buy it anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
- knee pucks relocated about 3 days ago when i got board.....hehehe
- last weekend bought suomy spec 1r with the eagle graphics ...so i totally look like capt America now.... and im poor i prob wont make it back to the track tell spring.... sadness

·
Registered
233 Posts
rad pics......how much would you say you spent for the whole event averaged up?

·
Registered
233 Posts
haha^ yeah nice black wheels dood...:YEA

·
Hey Guy
5,294 Posts
Glad you had such a good time at the track.
How tall are you? It looks like you're 6'4" or so any you're kinda poking your leg out there. Its always harder for tall guys to get super low on the bike.
BTW: +1 on taking it easy your first track day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mmmm cost of the even track was like 140 hotel was 80 and gas to get there was covered by the guy with the trailer so that was pretty much it... i guess i could count the cost of a new set of tires but they were still fine for the road but they wont be track worthy again ive put to many street miles on them

and my hieght is 6'0"

it was at harris hill near austin look it up if you all are interested

1 - 15 of 15 Posts